OSM Elevation service should be up again

Editor is still experiencing some problems due to Google Services and OSM Elevation down at same time. Honestly at the moment we don't know if we are able to fix it in a short time.

You can still, for the moment, use the editor importing a GPX on it to get profiles.

Shoutbox is off as we are tired of people abusing it. Please don't spam us mail and PMs that we won't answer.

Please notice that the official language of forum is English. Not French. Not Italian. English.

[Bug] No map appears

Forum for bugs reporting
antoninvds
Spettatore

[Bug] No map appears

Post by antoninvds » 30/07/2018, 10:35

Like the other betatesters, I tried many times to track new routes, but there is no map appearing, only the different functions of the editor on the right of the screen. This is the same thing when I try to open their saved tracks. I work on Mac, is this possible to be linked with that ?

emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Re: [Bug] No map appears

Post by emmea90 » 30/07/2018, 12:04

antoninvds wrote:
30/07/2018, 10:35
Like the other betatesters, I tried many times to track new routes, but there is no map appearing, only the different functions of the editor on the right of the screen. This is the same thing when I try to open their saved tracks. I work on Mac, is this possible to be linked with that ?
Definitely possible to be the Mac. Problem here is that will be hard to reproduce |doson

Anyone else with mac?
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic

antoninvds
Spettatore

Post by antoninvds » 30/07/2018, 16:58

Definitely the problem comes from the fact I use a Mac. I tried with another computer, all worked! Moreover OSM seems to be better for the editor use than Google Maps, I find it more precise!

Oblo
Spettatore

Post by Oblo » 30/07/2018, 20:31

i use a mac, the map shows perfectly, but, when tracking, i have to add maaaany route points as, otherwhise, the profile is broken and does not show the right altimetry Eg. i put the starting point at the foot of the izoard (south side), and then on the galibier and the croix de fer via glandon, descent and arrive in the valley, clicked draw profile and:
-1 the descent of izoard was flattened
-2 the galibier did'n't exist |dalem posting.php?mode=reply&f=333&t=7141#
-3 the glandon and the shoulder to the croix de fer were perfect but the descent was flattened, resulting in two flat sections and two VERTICAL drops
-4 a piece of te descent was strangely replicated as i climb at the end of the profile.
-5, and , MOST IMPORTANT: the lenght of the track should have been around 200 kms, but it became a WHOPPING 357 kms!!!! (|zome1 approves) despite all the points being in the right place (i checked thrice)

BUT,THEN, i closed the editor, mapped again aaaand bum! it worked perfectly |berlu
Why? Do you have an answer to that?
quando ti dicono che il tour è meglio |zome1
AAH, la Grandeur du tour- VIncenzo Nibali; Tour 2018

emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Post by emmea90 » 30/07/2018, 20:39

Oblo wrote:
30/07/2018, 20:31
i use a mac, the map shows perfectly, but, when tracking, i have to add maaaany route points as, otherwhise, the profile is broken and does not show the right altimetry Eg. i put the starting point at the foot of the izoard (south side), and then on the galibier and the croix de fer via glandon, descent and arrive in the valley, clicked draw profile and:
-1 the descent of izoard was flattened
-2 the galibier did'n't exist |dalem posting.php?mode=reply&f=333&t=7141#
-3 the glandon and the shoulder to the croix de fer were perfect but the descent was flattened, resulting in two flat sections and two VERTICAL drops
-4 a piece of te descent was strangely replicated as i climb at the end of the profile.
-5, and , MOST IMPORTANT: the lenght of the track should have been around 200 kms, but it became a WHOPPING 357 kms!!!! (|zome1 approves) despite all the points being in the right place (i checked thrice)

BUT,THEN, i closed the editor, mapped again aaaand bum! it worked perfectly |berlu
Why? Do you have an answer to that?
Maybe you put the points too fast?
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic