IMPORTANT: due to people using bots to scrape the website data, we have to restrict the access to the races only to people with an account. We hope that for now this will be temporay.

IMPORTANT: Routing and Elevation API are limited to 7000 calls per day. In case they are expired, they won't work until limit is re-charged. You can try in this case to do a GPX on RideWithGPS site and import it on the editor

Please don't spam us mail and PMs that we won't answer and notice that the official language of forum is English.

Comment with us the races in the Telegram Chat

New Contest Season is on: Contest 3

Follow us on Twitter: @laflammerouge16

Contest #7 - USA Cycling Race [Cat. 3] - Voting

Moderator: Tracking Contests

emmea90
Direttore Sportivo terza divisione

Post by emmea90 »

In this topic you can vote for the Tour de France, according to the following rules.

PLEASE READ ALL THE POST BEFORE VOTING

How to vote

1 - You have to judge the track according to the requirements: contests/contest-usa-cycling-race-t7426.html

2 - You have to write in a post your best FIVE routes, from worse to best, providing a brief motivation for each choice
FIFTH PLACE
(Motivation)

FOURTH PLACE
(Motivation)

THIRD PLACE
(Motivation)

SECOND PLACE
(Motivation)

FIRST PLACE
(Motivation)
How does it work?
- First choice got 6 points, second 4, third 3, fourth 2 and fifth 1 point.
- Presentation bonus grant you 3 points (we will add later with penalties who took the bonus)
- Ranking will be made according to points obtained
- In case of equality I will decide the winner
- YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF
- You can also comment other people's reviews regarding your or other one's routes
- YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR VOTE ONCE SUBMITTED

Who can vote?
- Every user that submitted a contest (full points vote)
- Every user in the La Flamme Rouge Staff (Emmea90, Pigna, Sagan99, Matthorse, Nasdon33, Linkinito, Bose12)
- Every user that has registered BEFORE today and has at least 10 tracks in the editor. In this case, his votes counts half of the points scale

Penalties
- Every user that submitted a contest and doesn't submit a valid vote (with 5 choices and motivations) will get a 10 points penalty for all his routes.
- It's FORBBIDDEN to ask for votes. Who will be caught public or privately asking for a vote to some users will get a 50 points penalty in first instance, then the exclusion from all the contests of the year
- Vote penalties for unpracticable routes will be assigned by staff during this phase

Requisites for the +3 bonus
- Providing link of the tour in the post
- Providing viewable image of each stage with a description in the post

Deadline for vote phase is september 4, h 23.59

Routes:
Diego12Alpe: maps/tours/view/19268 +4 pres
Fyr3: maps/tours/view/19278 +4 pres
Mauro: maps/tours/view/19258 +4 pres
Betto: maps/tours/view/19286 +1 spoiler (images not viewable)
Grommy_22: contests/maps/tours/view/19302 +4 pres
Lukkier: maps/tours/view/19290 +4 pres
Xander66: maps/tours/view/19304 +4 pres
Benoit.guillot: maps/tours/view/19260 +4 pres
Micek_52: maps/tours/view/19335 +4 pres
Improb: maps/tours/view/19325 +4 pres
Belgian4444: maps/tours/view/19312 +4 pres
Davandluz: maps/tours/view/19339 +4 pres
Arnorius: maps/tours/view/19277 +4 pres
Jajoejoe: maps/tours/view/19287 +4 pres
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic
Grommy_22
Spettatore

Re: Contest #7 - USA Cycling Race [Cat. 3] - Voting

Post by Grommy_22 »

Hi !
I think I made a msitake with the url of my tour...Here is the correct one :maps/tours/view/19302
Grommy_22
Spettatore

Post by Grommy_22 »

FIFTH PLACE : Lukkier
I liked the roadbook and the profiles but i think what is missing is the identity of the tour

FOURTH PLACE : Xander66
Same than lukkier but i found that the presentation was better

THIRD PLACE : Belgian4444
I really like the idea and the roadbook of the stages but i think there is too many long transfer between stages

SECOND PLACE : Fyr3
I liked the presentation and the difficulties you found in this par of the USA + i think it could be a great tour to watch.

FIRST PLACE : Diego12Alpe
The best presentation for me and a really interresting race
benoît.guillot
Juniores
Juniores

Post by benoît.guillot »

(Even if it doesn't count, I will like to congrats Fyr3 and award him with an honorable sixth place. You really did a great job but I think that you're two moutain top finishes are too difficult and we may only see eliminations from the back on those two mountain stages...)

FIFTH PLACE : Belgian4444

Good Tour, a little too close to that of Xander666. I struggled to decide between you but it's your 6th stage that makes you lose to him. The idea of a flat stage at this point in the race doesn't appeal to me very much.

FOURTH PLACE : Xander666

Like I said, your Tour is quite similar to that of Belgian4444. Your final stage in Asheville puts you in the ascendant.

THIRD PLACE : Improb

I really liked the originality of the places you show us around. There are some great stages and others that I like less but it is this originality that gets you on the podium.

SECOND PLACE : Lukkier

Your mountain stages are among the best done in this competition, the rest is a little below but still very good.

FIRST PLACE : Diego12Alpe

It is a superb tour, well balanced and which crosses hard and magnificent regions. Bravo for the idea and the realization.
BETTO
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by BETTO »

FIFTH PLACE : Davandluz
I liked the roadbook but I think it's a little bit too easy.

FOURTH PLACE : Belgian4444
I love the finish in Graceland and the choice of the state; maybe trasfers are too long.

THIRD PLACE : Diego12Alpe
I really like the last stage, that is a beautiful finish in a good balance tour.

SECOND PLACE : Arnorius
I think coul be the best tour but trasfers seem too long.

FIRST PLACE : Improb
The best tour to me
Diego12Alpe
Spettatore

Post by Diego12Alpe »

FIFTH PLACE | davandluz
I like your race overall but I think it suits more a puncheur rather than a general classification rider.

FOURTH PLACE | lukkier
I like your race. Having the GC stages right at the end is a nice idea and I think it is good to have the mountain top finish before the other mountains stage that ends after a downhill. What I'd like to see is the last stage more hilly because I think it is very flat and there can't be a fight for the general classification.

THIRD PLACE | Fyr3
I like it, a little bit of everything. I think any of the stages is a beautiful one but all of them are okay.

SECOND PLACE | mauro
Original route with more medium mountain stages than high mountain stages, I like that.

FIRST PLACE | improb
I think your race has good balance and that is a positive point. I specially like your mountain stages.
davandluz
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by davandluz »

5th place lukkier --> Close call with Diego12Alpe for a place in the top5. I would've expected a different approach to your two mountain stages (which are nice, don't get me wrong). It's basically 4 sprint stages (stage 4 would most likely end in a sprint in my opinion), one ITT, and two - consecutive - very hard mountain stages. I would've worked harder to try and make the race more uptempo throughout the whole week. Last note: I know this editor misses a hilly stage option, but stage 7 is flat, period.

4th place Xander66 --> I think you designed a good tour. Really nice stage to Banner Elk, interesting arrival in Mount Mitchell, and a last stage where, even though gradients are not steep, something could happen if ridden hard enough. Three notes: the finish line in Roanoke is just after a train overpass, not the best choice; stage 2 should be indicated as flat; a more conceptual note, you could've just fitted the whole route into NC.

3rd place Fyr3 --> Good entry, nice choices of terrains. However, in my opinion, it's too much in terms of difficulty, and it could be hard to insert it in the calendar for that reason. Still, good enough for a 3rd spot.

2nd place Belgian4444 --> Not a bad entry at all, I really like the terrains you chose. Only real issue: the roads in Chapel Hill you chose (I would've stayed on Culbreth Road instead on going into Suburbia - it might be a tracking mistake and not intentional). I also would've gone to Jackson (becasue it is a much bigger city so more possibility of paying for the stage and because of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m67eqm0 ... nyCashVEVO) instead of stopping in Lexington, and made it the country music stage.

1st place improb --> Nice route, nice mountain stages, good variety of stages. Maybe one of the mountain stages should hve been less hard, though, to better fit it in the calendar. Too many first categories than could've been second categories in terms of KOMs, but the fact that I have highlight this shows the quality of the entry. Just a curiosity: you did a super cool job with the Tour description and jersey design, why didn't you just download the profiles and just attach them in the spoiler?
Spoiler!
OTHER ROUTES IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
Diego12Alpe --> A nice tour, with a clear identity and race profile. Two mistakes though, in my opinion: he ITT between the two mountain stages (which might prevent more fight on the fourth stage), and the finish line placement of stage 2 (rail crossing in just before the last straight). You chose to insert mountain stages with long but not particularly steep mountain passes: not my favorite thing for one-week-races, but that's more of a personal choice, definitely not a mistake.
mauro --> Not sure about the practicability of the stage 5 last bit. I would've also avoided the sprint in Liberty State Park. I think Whiteface Mountain does not blend in very well within your tour, which is not really interesting until the weekend, which has a generally punchy and rolling terrain which I like the most for one week races: such a last stage is just intended for other types of riders than the rest of the route.
BETTO --> In general, I think that your route is way too difficult for a 7-day-race. Mount Mansfield seems unpracticable, and in any case an unpaved road (it's a ski run, so it would be very much like this year's Campo Felice arrival at the Giro - 7.3 Km on that sort of terrain is too much in my opinion). Besides, why only uphill arrivals in mountain stages? On another and lesser note, I am pretty sure Newport would've preferred its name on the roadbook and Lindsay Lohan's Beach in brakets!
Grommy_22 --> I don't really understand most of your choices, if I have to be honest (Delbridge Estates are in the middle of nowhere, who'd pay for the stage? The Smith Mountain Lake arrival seems a cul the sac, not the best choice for a sprint location). A positive note: the Spruce Knob arrival is interesting, but a harder approach to the last asperity would've made the stage and the finale much more intriguing.
Benoit.guillot --> Just one and a half stage in PA, and the arrival of "Lake Mountain" (Big Boulder Lake) is not practicable. You like The Office, we get it, but you should've done a better work if you wanted to fit PA into your route. Practicability and feasibility are not the best in NY, either.
Micek_52 --> Too many mistakes. Starting a TT from inside the Niagara Falls park means that a whole day of profit goes lost for one of the most important touristic locations of the region, so not a good idea. I am also positive that most of the unpaved sections of the third stage are unpracticable (I can't even find a road for the decisive one on Google Maps). Same goes for the Blue Mountain arrival. Also, from Whiteface Mountain to Albany is a 2h30 drive, not the best.
Arnorius --> the ITT was a constraint you did not meet.
jajoejoe --> I would've ended stage 3 in Hunter, it would've made a much more interesting stage in my opinion, maybe adding a circuit repeating Platte Clove twice. Whiteface Mountain seems out of context here, too.
Xander66
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by Xander66 »

5th place: jajoejoe
Some very decent stages in the first half of the tour, but Whiteface Mountain kinda kills the race in my opinion. GC will pretty much be decided here with two flat stages remaining. I completely understand your choice to want to finish at the Niagara Falls, but to keep the race 'alive' I think it would've been better to stay in the same region and add at least one more hilly/mountain stage.

4th place: Diego12Alpe
First of all, credits for the race map you made. I really enjoy these kinds of personal creativity.
Looking at the stages themselves, it missed some spice to it. It's well-balanced, but these long climbs at 5-6% aren't enough for a one week race in my opinion. Where the views may be excellent, the race won't be I think. I personally would've ignored Hurricane Ridge and added another hilly stage near Portland, just to add an opportunity for attacks and some open and offensive racing after the MTF to the Observatory.

3rd place: lukkier
A nice concept with the Civil War, really nice planning with that. But I just think the race isn't perfectly balanced. There are basically only two decisive stages, with Waynesville not even so sure of having gaps because I think the climbs are a bit too easy with a downhill descent.

2nd place: Belgian4444
I really like the concept of your race. It also covers a lot of different regions going from the Outer Banks all the way through the Appalachians to Memphis, which to me makes it the most interesting stage race from a touristic/cultural point of view. The main issue however is the transfers between stages. To cover this distance between start and finish of the race you would need a couple of more stages...

1st place: improb
A great region that sadly hasn't been discovered yet by the world of pro cycling. Just one small change I would make: put the finish line at the summit in Beech Mountain. There's enough infrastructure there to host a finish and not have to go down to a bigger parking lot, and it would also make up for the downhill finish in Gatlingburg where I would expect gaps to be rather small.
But, it's just a great Tour. You picked more or less the same region as I did. And where I was really happy and proud of what I created, I have to be honest and say that yours is probably better clap
Belgian4444
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by Belgian4444 »

FIFTH PLACE: jajoejoe

Bit too easy, but a lot of bonus points for making a realistic ITT within central NY.

FOURTH PLACE: Fyr6

The other extreme. very hard tour but with some interesting stages.

THIRD PLACE: Xander66

Quite similar to mine, but some stages are definitely better.

SECOND PLACE: Diego12Alpe

Maybe one sprint stage extra would be nice, but good route.

FIRST PLACE: improb

Not just good: awesome tour. Extremely well done (and great presentation).
lukkier
Spettatore

Post by lukkier »

Short ball

FIFTH PLACE: Belgian4444

I like the hilly stages of the race. The rest is pretty much OK.

FOURTH PLACE: Diego12Alpe

I like the solution in Washington state, but I'm missing something mega here

THIRD PLACE: jajoejoe

Great combination of New York's industrial areas and the state's virginal outskirts

SECOND PLACE: Improb

Great presentation, should have been first place but. . . .

FIRST PLACE: Xander66

. . . but this route appeals to me more. Great balance, technically great stages
Micek_52
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by Micek_52 »

Didn't have enough time to go into detail and give each route a certain point number, so I will just put my top 5 here:

1st - Fyr3
My favourite tour of them all, mostly because of its difficulty and that Zoncolan-like ascent to Mt. Washington. Would probably make for an interesting race

2nd - Improb
I like your presentation, and also your route was quite difficult, but I just like the Fyr3's route better.

3rd - Diego12Alpe
The last stage is quite interesting and also the 29-kilometre climb to Hurricane ridge is something I like. But, I really hate the positioning of the TT inbetween the both High mountain stages.

4th - Xander66
Simmilar to Diego12Alpe - nice tour, but again the TT positioning is not that good.

5th - Belgian4444
Stages 3 and 4 would be interesting, but it goes downhill from there. I would have placed stage 5 or 6 earlier in the race.
benoît.guillot
Juniores
Juniores

Post by benoît.guillot »

davandluz wrote: 04/09/2021, 13:34You like The Office, we get it
I actually never see this show :? But I get your remarks and I have to admit that you're right. Thanks for the review ;)
emmea90

Post by emmea90 »

Voting is closed.
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic
emmea90

Post by emmea90 »