Contests are back: Link

Editor has still troubles with free API, if you don't want to use OSM Elevation API you can try to do a GPX on RideWithGPS site and import it on the editor

Please don't spam us mail and PMs that we won't answer and notice that the official language of forum is English.

Tour de France 2019 contest is open: Link

Contest #2 - Voting

Compete in the contests and become the best stagemaker!
emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Contest #2 - Voting

Post by emmea90 » 26/05/2019, 19:37

In this topic you can vote for theSping Classic Renovation Contest, according to the following rules.

PLEASE READ ALL THE POST BEFORE VOTING

How to vote

1 - You have to judge the track according to the requirements.
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad; Strade Bianche; Milano-Sanremo; Gent-Wevelgem; Ronde Van Vlaanderen; Paris-Roubaix; Amstel Gold Race; Fleche Wallonne; Liege-Bastogne-Liege

Those are the most famous spring classics going back sunday-to-sunday with the exception of Fleche, in mid-week

UCI decided that it's time to change the calendar and move the classics in other countries.

You are asked to re-design those classics in totally different places compared to the one that they are set.

About the Roubaix we know that it's different finding cobble sectors in another part of the world, so you can re-design Roubaix in same zone with different start, finish and core sectors. But if you managed to change it of course it will be well appreciated in the evaluation.

The classics must be kept for the same target of riders that can win the original classics and also the distribution of the iconic route elements must be kept. For example, the Sanremo must be at least 290 Kms long with a climb-like Turchino in the middle and two climbs like Cipressa and Poggio in the end. The new fleche must end on a climb as hard as Mur de Huy and so on.
2 - You have to write in a post your best FIVE routes, from worse to best, providing a brief motivation for each choice
FIFTH PLACE
(Motivation)

FOURTH PLACE
(Motivation)

THIRD PLACE
(Motivation)

SECOND PLACE
(Motivation)

FIRST PLACE
(Motivation)
How does it work?
- First choice got 6 points, second 4, third 3, fourth 2 and fifth 1 point.
- Presentation bonus grant you 3 points (we will add later with penalties who took the bonus)
- Ranking will be made according to points obtained
- In case of equality I will decide the winner
- YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF
- You can also comment other people's reviews regarding your or other one's routes
- YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR VOTE ONCE SUBMITTED

Who can vote?
- Every user that submitted a contest (full points vote)
- Every user in the La Flamme Rouge Staff (Emmea90, Pigna, Sagan99, Matthorse, Nasdon33, Linkinito, Bose12)
- Every user that has registered BEFORE may 25th 2019 and has at least 10 tracks in the editor. In this case, his votes counts half of the points scale

Penalties
- Every user that submitted a contest and doesn't submit a valid vote (with 5 choices and motivations) will get a 10 points penalty for all his routes.
- It's FORBBIDDEN to ask for votes. Who will be caught public or privately asking for a vote to some users will get a 50 points penalty in first instance, then the exclusion from all the contests of the year
- Vote penalties for unpracticable routes will be assigned by staff during this phase

Deadline for vote phase is may 10th 2019, h 23.59

Routes
JibValverde: maps/tours/view/11605
Chiumiento: maps/tours/view/11684 +3 bonus presentation
Ikhoudvanfrikandellen: maps/tours/view/11698 +3 bonus presentation
Arnorius: maps/tours/view/11674 +3 bonus presentation
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic

chuimiento
Spettatore

Re: Contest #2 - Voting

Post by chuimiento » 31/05/2019, 11:52

SPRING CLASSIC RENOVATION - VOTING

Here is my voting for the Spring Classic Renovation. It has been very difficult to me to make the decision as the three traking are pretty good.

THIRD PLACE: Arnorius

Overview: locations are well distributed. Another time maybe too much UK.
Omloop: maybe too hard, climbs are more Liège than RVV.
Kielder gravel classic: although it's less hilly, it features more white roads, and they are in the right places.
Sanremo in Spain: perfect location, maybe you could have forced even harder climbs in the final part.
Groningen-Assen: smart choice but without climbs.
RVV in Yorkshire: much better than Omloop. Maybe the climbs are too close to the finish, but my own route has the same issue.
Belgian Roubaix: very well traced.
Rimini Gold Race: it's okey, but in this area of Italy you have regions with steeper climbs.
Flèche auvergnate: I like the choice of a long and smooth climb along with the wall. Very smart route opening team work.
French Liége: maybe too dependent on Puy de Var climb, located 13 km to the end.

SECOND PLACE Jibivalverde

Overview: the routes are well separated and in new scenarios. I see to much Great Britain (4 races) and I miss at least one race in Italy and other in Netherlands as they are fundamental countries for cycling.
Het Edimbourg: very good route.
Navarrese Strade Bianche: also a very good route. Also, 209 km seems a little long to me for this kind of race.
Sanremo in Stuttgart: it works really well. It's a pity to "waste" Stuttgart in this race as the city features pretty good walls looking towards a more Liège-type race, but your route fits perfectly into Sanremo philosophy.
Gant-Wevelgem in Paris: pretty good also. I like the last 100 km with possible long-range attacks in the hills.
RVV Bradford: the obvious choice, well traced as the majority of climbs are placed far away from the finish forcing attacks.
Belgian Roubaix: also well defined, with the most difficult part at 30-20 km to the finish line, where the moves would come.
Amstel Luxembourg race: also a good route, with the steepest climbs at 50-60 to finish.
Flèche Gallois: maybe a little harsh, but the climbs are really good and mur-de-Huy-type.
Gallois Liège: also well traced, with the most importante climbs at 70 km to the end and so on, allowing long range moves.

FIRST PLACE: Ikhoudbanfrikandellen

Overview: also a good distribution, maybe I would have move one of UK's to Germany or Netherlands as they are important cycling countries. I like also the choice of placing races in southern Europe (south Spain, south France and the two Italians) as the climate will be better for cycling in that moment of the year.
Yorkshire Post: I like the choice of not fulling all of climbs as original Het Nieuwsblad is not so hilly.
Les chemins de terre: I like it so much, it's a pity the hilly part is so far from the end. Also, I need some type of difficulty (dirt or climb) between km 137 and 164, as that 30 flat km will probably freeze the race.
Almería-Málaga: I love the location of the race. I think a better Turchino would have been possible as going to the inland has important mountains to cross. The final 30 km are the best of the route probably.
Middlesbourgh-Gateshead: pretty good.
Tour of Yorkshire: also the obvious choice, so it's important to see the distribution of climbs, which are well placed.
Belgian Roubaix: maybe the important cobble sectors are too close to the end.
Luxembourg Amstel: nothing to say, very good race.
Chieti flèche: I think it's smart to change one of the three walls for a long smooth climb, opening other types of tactics.
Italian Liège: the most important points are far from the finish (Muro di Cavalloti and Mura dei Offagna). So, good choice. I like also the location of this two final routes.

jibvalverde
Spettatore

Post by jibvalverde » 02/06/2019, 0:59

We can vote until 10th June right ?

Arnorius
Spettatore

Post by Arnorius » 02/06/2019, 11:50

Jibvalverde
Het Edimbourg: Omloop het nieuwsblad is a quite rural race, this is a race almost the whole time in the city of Edinburgh. The cobbled sections are not really hard, but extremely dangereous as it rains a lot in that region. Bad roads + urban race + rain = riders protest :p
Strade sauce Navarre: Strade bianchi is only 184 km, so this is a little bit too long.
Milan-SanRemo à Stuttgart: On my first look it looked ok, but then i saw that your ‘cipressa’ is way too close tot he finish, almost no chances fort he sprinters here.
Gent-Wevelgem in Paris: Again, why inserting a race like this in such a big city? Also, your race is 15 km longer then the real race.
Ronde von Yorkshire: This race is not long enough :p
Paris-Roubaix sauce Belge: Almost no cobbles in the last 20 km, for the rest very good.
Amstel version Lux: All very short climbs, so almost a perfect copy of the real race 😉
Flèche Gallois: Just not 100% sure if the finish wall is steep enough fort his race. But it’s a nice region and the rest of your race is ideal.
Cardiff-Llanelli-Cardiff: I don’t know if it’s just me, but this race seems so easy? But I looked further and this is a quite good race. Well done.

Chuimiento
Omloop Het Paris: The hills are there, but where are the cobbles?
Carreteres blanques The only thing I'm worried about is that it might be too hard for classics riders, maybe a little bit too much climbing
Sevilla - Rincón de la Victoria: Maybe too hard for the sprinters. The middle part is way harder then the real race, and the cipressa climb is much steeper. And why did you insert the Mijas climb. I don't see sprinters winning this race.
Gent - Wevelgem in Torino: Don't really know about this one. If I see the profile, it's a nice race, but something just says me this isn't what Gent-Wevelgem is about.
Ronde van England: (Colden (297 m, 1.8 Km at 10.3%, Km 217.3), Mount Skip Hebden Bridge (278 m, 1.9 Km at 8.3%, Km 226.3), Halifax Lane (293 m, 1.9 Km at 9.2%) To me, these are more Ardennes hills then Flemish Ardennes hills, and they are in a decisive point of your race. There is also no resting point in your race in the last 60k.
Dutch Roubaix: I guess we just have another definition of what cobblestones are?????
Amstel Cork Race: Looks like a nice Amstel Gold Race
Flèche de Stuttgart: This race is mostly about final mur. There you really got a good one. Only I'm not really sure if the rest of the race is hard enough for attacks ( a lot of flat sections between the hills is what i mean)
Trier - Saarbrücken - Trier: Maybe your last climbs are too close to the finish line. I think if Markusberg was left out of it this was a really nice track.

Ikhoudvanfrikandellen
Yorkshire Post Circuit: Good race
Les Chemins de Terre: I think the finale is too flat. There has to be more elevation just to make the difference.
Almería - Málaga: I miss the Turchino climb. Also, a lot of smaller climbs make it harder.
Middlesbrough - Gateshead: I see nothing of Gent-Wevelgem in this race.
Tour of Yorkshire: Maybe a little bit too soft? There are 3 hilly sections in your race, in the first nothing will happen so only the last 80km are interesting, with a flat section of 20km in it.
Gent - Wilrijk Really not hard enough, long asphalt sections in between.
Bofferding Silver Race Good race
La Freccia Adriatico: Great race
Ancona - Macerata - Ancona Also not much to say about it.

3th place - Chuimiento
That roubaix takes you to the last place, I'm sorry.

2nd place - Jibvalverde
You could have won if you had the right distances.

1st place - Ikhoudvanfrikandellen
Your last 3 races combined with the fact that the others made mistakes, you're by far the best :p

emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Post by emmea90 » 03/06/2019, 0:08

jibvalverde wrote:
02/06/2019, 0:59
We can vote until 10th June right ?
yes
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic

jibvalverde
Spettatore

Post by jibvalverde » 03/06/2019, 15:57

Chuimiento
Omloop Het Paris : Good idea but not enough paved roads.
Carreters blanques : Descent in Strade is nearly impossible. When slopes is 8 or 10% it’s irrrealistic. Your descent of Collet del Vent is totally impossible. And i think there’s not enough strade after that.
SanRemo spanish : Very well trace even if Cipressa is a little banish from your road.
Gent - Wevelgem in Torino : Exactly in the style of GW. Probably for sprinters. Very good.
Ronde van England : Not a surprise but always a success.
Dutch Roubaix : Beautiful. I didn’t even kow that Pays-Bas have so much paved roads.
Amstel Cork Race : Perfect.
Flèche de Stuttgart : Very good too. I just regret to make two circuit tour and no three like in real Fleche.
Trier - Saarbrücken – Trier : Globally, it’s good. But i’m not fan of your last climb. To close to arrival (5km), too hard. All riders will wait it to move. A pity.

Ikhoudvanfrikandellen
Yorkshire Post Circuit : Not enough paved roads fot HN.
Les Chemins de Terre : I like it even if i think there’s not enough Strade in last 50km.
Almería – Málaga : Good idea but too hard i think for sprinters. Not really a time of rest without climbs even if they’re shorts. And Turchino’s like is missing.
Middlesbrough – Gateshead : Not a bad GW. Maybe a litte too much of climbs but still.
Tour of Yorkshire : Without surprise but a good one.
Gent – Wilrijk : A good belgian PR. I tought not hard enough in the beginnig but sectors are longer than i think finally.
Bofferding Silver Race : A good Amstel but i miss a « Koppenberg’s like », with big slopes.
La Freccia Adriatico : Final clim bis very good, it was my idea first but i finally change. I just think Via Filippo Masci is too close to arrival. You have three summit in last 8km…
Ancona - Macerata – Ancona : A good LBL even if the final climbs are too easy. But the precedents are very tough and it could create a good race.

Arnorius
Omloop : A solide HN even if th final is a little to climby.
Kielder Gravel Classic : Well too flat to be Strade Bianche. Even if there’s a lot a white roads.
Murcia – Calp : A very ggood one ! Even if last clim bis way harder than Poggio ^^
Groningen – Assen : GW is a climby race. At least one climb, make several times. Not your case here.
Tour of Yorkshire : Not a surprise (we all di dit here) but a good one i think.Rythmed, not to easy.
Namur : Ver good Belgian Roubaix. Tough like we love it.
Rimini Gold Race : It’s way too easy to be like Amstel. Not a climb which slopes goes ahead 5% in last 80kms, it’s nots good at all.
La Fleche d'Auvergne : Way too hard ! A climb of 7,5km and 4,5% is a category 2 in TDF. Not the style at all of the Fleche, even if last climb fit perfectly.
Clermont-Ferrand - Montluçon - Clermont-Ferrand : By far your best Ardennaise. Fit well to LBL…

3th place - Arnorius
Too many race not really fit to the style of the real one even if there is some good ideas.

2nd place - Ikhoudvanfrikandellen
Globally, very good roads. Few mistakes that cost you first place for a little.

1st place - Chuimiento
Strade were the only big mistake and you allow to discover a cobbled region in PB ^^ Well played !

Ikhoudvanfrikandellen
Spettatore

Post by Ikhoudvanfrikandellen » 04/06/2019, 19:14

Third place: JibValverde
Het Edimbourg: A lot of different streets in Edinburgh, meaning I couldn't really see how the route goes but looking at the profile it's a decent one.
Strade sauce Navarre: Too long for a Strade Bianche.
Milan-SanRemo à Stuttgart: Not along a coastline, and too many climbs in short succession at the end.
Gent-Wevelgem en Orléans-Paris: Too long. Also not fond of the finish in Paris.
Ronde von Yorkshire: More a punchers race than a cobble classic.
Paris-Roubaix sauce Belge: Cobbles between 225 and 240 pretty bunched up. A bit too hilly as well.
Amstel version Lux: Missing a defining "Cauberg" climb, but the route is good.
Flèche Galloise: Good route
Cardiff-Llanelli-Cardiff: Again, longer than the original.

Second place: Arnorius
Omloop: Maybe a bit too hilly for a Omloop, but a decent route. Very similar to mine actually.
Kielder Gravel Classic: Missing a steep final climb. Also not convinced by the choice of location, giving it's not near a major city à la Siena.
Murcia - Calp: Final climb is too long and steep compared to Poggio. Otherwise good.
Groningen - Assen: Liking the location, but missing hills. Would probably be better off as Roubaix instead.
Tour of Yorkshire: Well done for keeping the elevation limited.
Namur: Too hilly for a Roubaix. I like the determination to finish at a velodrome though.
Rimini Gold Race: The climbs in the middle are too high for an AGR.
La Fleche d'Auvergne: Final climb too short, climb before it too long.
Clermont-Ferrand - Montluçon - Clermont-Ferrand: Captured the new finish quite good, though the final hill should be a bit further away.

First place: Chiumiento
Omloop het Paris: Too few cobble sections. Doesn't really make it a cobble race tbh.
Carreteres blanques: Good, except two steep climbs at the end is probably too much.
Sevilla - Rincón de la Victoria: Going above 1000 meters! That's too much for my liking. Also the Mijas climb is out of place.
Gent - Wevelgem in Torino: Final hill too close to the end, but the route is good.
Ronde van England: Trooper Lane so close to the finish? Also too many altitude compared to Vlaanderen.
Dutch Roubaix: Awesome route. Could have finished with a lap around the circuit though to make it perfect!
Amstel Cork Race: Very nice route and hills.
Flèche de Stuttgart: Good route
Trier - Saarbrücken - Trier: Final climb too close to the finish with the new LBL route.