IMPORTANT: due to people using bots to scrape the website data, we have to restrict the access to the races only to people with an account. We hope that for now this will be temporay.

IMPORTANT: Routing and Elevation API are limited to 7000 calls per day. In case they are expired, they won't work until limit is re-charged. You can try in this case to do a GPX on RideWithGPS site and import it on the editor

Please don't spam us mail and PMs that we won't answer and notice that the official language of forum is English.

Comment with us the races in the Telegram Chat

New Contest Season is on: Contest 3

Follow us on Twitter: @laflammerouge16

[Bonus Contest] - The new UCI Road World Championships

Moderator: Tracking Contests

emmea90
Direttore Sportivo terza divisione
Direttore Sportivo terza divisione

[Bonus Contest] - The new UCI Road World Championships

Post by emmea90 »

Bonus Contest - The new UCI Road World Championships

So, the UCI president in person, Mr Lappartient, just declared that UCI is searching a new city for hosting the 2020 UCI road World Championships

Requirements:
- Being in Europe, in one of the states with less problem with covid-19 at the moment.
- Have the route more similar possible to the original one

You are asked to draw ONLY the Men Elite individual Road Race.

There won't be a vote for this contest, but the LFR Staff will pick only ONE route and will give to the winner 25 bonus points in the overall contest ranking.

The two parameters taken into account for the evaluation will be
- Realism (for both the climb and the start/arrive)
- Similarity with the older route (lenght/percentage of climb, position in the lap, number of kms, lenght of the circuit) etc.

Deadline will be August 31, 23.59

You can deliver only one route.

Routes without the profile image and the description won't be evaluated.
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic
mauro
Under 23
Under 23

Re: [Bonus Contest] - The new UCI Road World Championships

Post by mauro »

Ecco il mio mondiale, che ho disegnato dopo essermi ricordato di una tappa del Giro d’Italia del 1995 che presentava nel finale una salita simile a quella di Martigny. In effetti il circuito finale sembra quasi un clone di quello elvetico, sia per la lunghezza (19.1 Km a Rovereto, 19.5 a Martigny), sia per le caratteristiche delle salite: quella di Patone è lunga 5 Km e sale all’8.5% di pendenza media, quella di Martigny è più corta di circa un chilometro (4 Km) ma ha una pendenza media leggermente superiore (9.9%). Come nel mondiale elvetico la salita deve essere ripetura 7 volte, anche se i giri di circuito sono uno di meno.
Inoltre, subito prima di arrivare a Rovereto ho inserito un “assaggio” del campionato europeo previsto a Trento nel 2021 con un giro del circuito, caratterizzato dalla salita di Povo. La parte iniziale del circuito, infine, prevede un breve sconfinamento in provincia di Bolzano e l’attraversamento dei vigneti del celebre Traminer mediante la nota “strada del vino”.

Here is my world championship, which I drew after remembering a stage of the 1995 Giro d’Italia which featured a climb similar to that of Martigny in the final. In fact, the final circuit seems almost a clone of the Swiss one, both for its length (19.1 Km in Rovereto, 19.5 in Martigny), and for the characteristics of the climbs: that of Patone is 5 Km long and climbs to 8.5% gradient average, that of Martigny is about one kilometer (4 Km) shorter but has a slightly higher average gradient (9.9%). As in the Swiss world championship, the climb must be repeated 7 times, even if the circuit laps are one less.

maps/viewtrack/372952

Xander66
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by Xander66 »

Extra bonus points if you predict the actual new route? ;)
jajoejoe
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by jajoejoe »

After researching many climbs similar to the Petit Forclaz I decided to settle for a World Championship in Pinerolo with the Colle Pra Martino as the climb. The climb has a similar gradient but is only 500m longer. The run from the climb to the finish is 3km longer than in Martigny, but most of it is slightly downhill so timewise there won't be much of a difference, the finish area is flat. The race starts in Stupinigi and then after a 77km long mostly flat route through Piemonte we arrive on the circuit that will be done 7 times just like it should've been in Martigny, this all makes a race that is just less than 1km longer than the original route.
maps/viewtrack/373108
emilio.torre
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by emilio.torre »

maps/viewtrack/373137

This my UCI Road World Championship, my ride is localized on the countryside Florence nearby.
The start is from Poggio a Caiano and across from the line ride towns like Quarrata, the short climb of I Papi, the cities of Montecatini Terme, Santa Croce sull'Arno and Cerreto Guidi, after the riders will be join on circuit of Lamporecchio which it repeat for 7-times with the hardest side climb of San Baronto, the same which it make part of GP Industria & Artigianato of Larciano.
kanon16
Spettatore

Post by kanon16 »

This is my World Championship 2020 Race:
maps/viewtrack/375410

It will take place in Valtellina, between Sondrio and Bianzone, a well known wine land and famous also for cycling (a lot of very iconic climbs for the Giro d'Italia are there).
Same length of Martigny (250 Km) with a circuit of 22 Km to be repeated 7 times.
The decisive climb is Teglio from Canali, a steep and narrow road (but walkable and wide enough) in the first 3 Km with a maximum gradient of 15%.
The average slope is 9,4% (Col de la Forclaz in Martigny is 10,2%) but Teglio is 700 m longer. The total positive denivel of the race is about 4300 m.
From the summit to the finish line there are 17 Km (last 7 flat).

P.S. I've corrected the name of the arrival under suggestion of Mauro and the last 2 Kilometers of the downhill to have more flat section in the circuit like in Martigny. The finish line is in Bianzone and the arrival is just on the wide SS38, in front of the little train station and close to the important Sanctuary of "Madonna del Piano".

The steep and quite narrow road from Canali to Teglio:

Downhill among the vineyards:

The Finish Line:
Last edited by kanon16 on 23/08/2020, 10:12, edited 3 times in total.
Piet_Agoras
Spettatore

Post by Piet_Agoras »

My little submission for this contest.
maps/viewtrack/373295

The WC will be held in a relatively COVID19-safe country: Slovenia. At least 2 riders will be very happy to find a route that is almost identical to the one in Martigny. :) .

The route will start in the capital of the Country with some neutral flat km's. From there we will take the straight-most route to the harborcity of Koper, a small medieval town. But there is no time to take a tourist tour here after we cross the fnishline for the first time after 115kms. 7 laps of 19.6km await with the gruesome climb to Pomjan in it. With 4km at 9.1% on average buth peaks till 17%(!) this climb will surely decide the WC. After 252km (incl. neutralisation) we will know the successor of Mads Pedersen.

A detail of the main obstacle, the climb to Pomjan:
RobertStorm
Spettatore

Post by RobertStorm »

Probably a bit too heavy isis but a man can dream... A WC on the Tourmalet would be very cool. In the lap i've added the Col de Trabaou (basically Luz-Ardiden without the last 4 km).

maps/viewtrack/372952

Fons
Spettatore

Post by Fons »

maps/viewtrack/373319

Hello everybody !
I would like to share with you my UCI Road World Championships.
First of all, these World Championships will take place in one of the safest country at the moment in terms of protection against COVID-19. Thus, the UEFA Europa League is played in Germany too, it's a perfect example of the good management of the crisis there. These WC will take place in Heidelberg (156000 citizen) in Bade-Würtemberg along the Neckar river and near the Rhine. After 20km we'll arrive in Mannheim (300000 citizen), which is the confluence point between the Neckar river and the Rhine.
After a big lap of 100km with 2 small climbs, we'll come back in Heidelberg.
The lenght of Heidelberg race is 243km and the lenght of Martigny race is 244km.
The Königstuhl (4,5km-9,5%) is very similar than le Col de la Petite Forclaz (4km-9,9%).
The lap (20,6km) is similar than the lap at Martigny (19,5km).
The summit of the Königstuhl is at 14km of the finish line. It's similar than the summit of le Col de la Petite Forclaz (13,5km of the finish line).
A lap to be repeated 7 times like at Martigny.
The total positive elevation is near 4200m.
https://ibb.co/Bwm0kLX
Last edited by Fons on 14/08/2020, 22:53, edited 15 times in total.
ju_dbn
Spettatore

Post by ju_dbn »

Hello all,

this is my participation for the LFR new uci road world championship 2020 contest.

maps/viewtrack/373118

I'll do a race in Italy, I'm french but I didn't find a climb like Petite Forclaz in my country :cry:

The race start from Bergamo and finish at Como, and the final circuit around Como with the Civiglio, 7 laps of the circuit. Yes it's not original, it's a little Lombardia, but the Civiglio climb (4km at 10,1%) is similar with the Col de la Petite Forclaz.
The first 110 kilometers are more hilly, with Lucino (0,3km at 12,4%) and Drezzo (1,2km at 7.5%) climbs, and the San Fermo della Battaglia downhill (the same as the Lombardia) just before enter into the final circuit.

Here's the climb's profiles

The climb's start of the Civiglio is placed at the same distance as Petite Forclaz's start, same for their summits. The downhill is longer than Petite Forclaz, and longer than the Civiglio downhill in the Lombardia race. 249km, same distance than Aigle/Martigny.
Here's the race profile

And the Civiglio profile, even if everyone knows him :D
Last edited by ju_dbn on 14/08/2020, 16:41, edited 5 times in total.
adriamedina
Spettatore

Post by adriamedina »

maps/viewtrack/373351

I tried to recreate the WC 2020 in Liechtenstein. Currently it only has 2 Covid-19 positives and, as Liechtenstein is a little country, it's easier to organize a safe race there.
I think the route is almost identical. First 110km aprox. of flat in a circuit around the north of Liechtenstein. Then they enter the main circuit (20,2km) climbing the Triesberg (4,2km at 9%). The climb might be easier than the one they were set to climb in Martigny, but it has steeper sections of 16% so I think the difficulty would be similar.

WC Liechtenstein 2020 Road Race profile:

Triesberg profile:
Anderson
Spettatore

Post by Anderson »

Hello,
this is my submission for the New UCI Road World Championships contest.

maps/viewtrack/373354

The race will be held in the southeast of Bavaria in Germany. The race is 249km long (like the original) and starts in Bad Reichenhall. Start and finish location are close to each other (20km distance), that makes the organization and the Covid measurements easier. The race goes north to Freilassing at the German-Austrian border without crossing it. Then we have an almost flat lap through the Traunstein district before the peloton rides through a hilly forested area near Ruhpolding. At km 117, the riders enter the circuit in and around Berchtesgaden. There will be 7 laps of 19km which feature the climb to Obersalzberg (4,1km at 10,7%). Like Petit Forclaz, it's a regular climb with a maximum steepness of 15%. The finish lies in Berchtesgaden town, 11,5km after the last climb.

--------------------------------------------
3rd place Tour de France Contest 2020
2nd place Tour de France Contest 2021
Arnorius
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by Arnorius »

JAdmeal wrote: 14/08/2020, 16:11 maps/viewtrack/373351

I tried to recreate the WC 2020 in Liechtenstein. Currently it only has 2 Covid-19 positives and, as Liechtenstein is a little country, it's easier to organize a safe race there.
I think the route is almost identical. First 110km aprox. of flat in a circuit around the north of Liechtenstein. Then they enter the main circuit (20,2km) climbing the Triesberg (4,2km at 9%). The climb might be easier than the one they were set to climb in Martigny, but it has steeper sections of 16% so I think the difficulty would be similar.

Triesberg profile:
Guess i'll have to search a new location :p Will be hard because i think this one is really good ;)
mauro
Under 23
Under 23

Post by mauro »

kanon16 wrote: 14/08/2020, 10:08 This is my World Championship 2020 Race:
maps/viewtrack/373265

It will take place in Valtellina, between Sondrio and Tresenda, a well known wine land and famous also for cycling (a lot of very iconic climbs for the Giro d'Italia are there).
Same length of Martigny (244 Km) with a circuit of 18 Km to be repeated 7 times.
The decisive climb is Teglio from Canali, a steep and narrow road in the first 3 Km with a maximum gradient of 15%.
The average slope is 9,3% (Col de la Forclaz in Martigny is 10,2%) but Teglio is 800 m longer. The total positive denivel of the race is about 4400 m.
From the summit to the finish line there are 12 Km.

P. S. I'm by the sea in a place with very poor connection.. I'll check my race in the next days to correct eventually mistakes or details (the exactly points for start and finish and so..)

Ciao Kanon
C’è qualcosa di sbagliato nella tua traccia. Conosco bene la zona perché ci sono stato in vacanza per quasi vent’anni. Innanzitutto Tresenda è un piccolo paesino privo degli spazi necessari per organizzarci l’arrivo di un mondiale. Soprattutto è impossibile salire da Tresenda a Teglio in soli 4.8 Km, a meno che tu non abbia per errore inserito un sentiero non percorribile in bici (ne sono quasi certo). Dovresti rendere pubblica la traccia della tua planimetria così vedo come hai disegnato il percorso.

Hi Kanon

There is something wrong with your track. I know the area well because I have been there on vacation for almost twenty years. First of all, Tresenda is a small village without the necessary spaces to organize the arrival of a world championship. Above all it is impossible to climb from Tresenda to Teglio in just 4.8 km, unless you have mistakenly entered a path that cannot be traveled by bike (I am almost certain of it). You should make your floor plan track public so I can see how you drew the path.
kanon16
Spettatore

Post by kanon16 »

mauro wrote: 14/08/2020, 17:54
maps/viewtrack/373265

It will take place in Valtellina, between Sondrio and Tresenda, a well known wine land and famous also for cycling (a lot of very iconic climbs for the Giro d'Italia are there).
Same length of Martigny (244 Km) with a circuit of 18 Km to be repeated 7 times.
The decisive climb is Teglio from Canali, a steep and narrow road in the first 3 Km with a maximum gradient of 15%.
The average slope is 9,3% (Col de la Forclaz in Martigny is 10,2%) but Teglio is 800 m longer. The total positive denivel of the race is about 4400 m.

P. S. I'm by the sea in a place with very poor connection.. I'll check my race in the next days to correct eventually mistakes or details (the exactly points for start and finish and so..)

Ciao Kanon
C’è qualcosa di sbagliato nella tua traccia. Conosco bene la zona perché ci sono stato in vacanza per quasi vent’anni. Innanzitutto Tresenda è un piccolo paesino privo degli spazi necessari per organizzarci l’arrivo di un mondiale. Soprattutto è impossibile salire da Tresenda a Teglio in soli 4.8 Km, a meno che tu non abbia per errore inserito un sentiero non percorribile in bici (ne sono quasi certo). Dovresti rendere pubblica la traccia della tua planimetria così vedo come hai disegnato il percorso.

Hi Kanon

There is something wrong with your track. I know the area well because I have been there on vacation for almost twenty years. First of all, Tresenda is a small village without the necessary spaces to organize the arrival of a world championship. Above all it is impossible to climb from Tresenda to Teglio in just 4.8 km, unless you have mistakenly entered a path that cannot be traveled by bike (I am almost certain of it). You should make your floor plan track public so I can see how you drew the path.
Ciao Mauro,
ora l'ho resa pubblica!
Più che verosimile ciò che scrivi, sono in vacanza e qui ho una connessione davvero terrificante, per cui ho controllato lo street view molto a grandi linee questa volta...infatti volevo riservarmi di aggiustare un po' il percorso nei prossimi giorni..
Però la salita per Teglio mi sembrava asfaltata.. dici che è stretta?
Grazie intanto per la segnalazione!
mauro
Under 23
Under 23

Post by mauro »

kanon16 wrote: 14/08/2020, 19:00
maps/viewtrack/373265

Ciao Kanon

Hi Kanon

Ciao Mauro,
ora l'ho resa pubblica!
Più che verosimile ciò che scrivi, sono in vacanza e qui ho una connessione davvero terrificante, per cui ho controllato lo street view molto a grandi linee questa volta...infatti volevo riservarmi di aggiustare un po' il percorso nei prossimi giorni..
Però la salita per Teglio mi sembrava asfaltata.. dici che è stretta?
Grazie intanto per la segnalazione!

Continuo a non vederla, mi esce la scritta "Non hai i permessi per vedere questa traccia"
kanon16
Spettatore

Post by kanon16 »

Continuo a non vederla, mi esce la scritta "Non hai i permessi per vedere questa traccia"
Ora è pubblica! (pensavo di aver salvato invece non era andato) :beer:
mauro
Under 23
Under 23

Post by mauro »

Visto grazie. La strada è asfaltata. Ero stato tratto in inganno dal fatto che aveva scritto che l'arrivo era a Tresenda ma in realtà lo hai messo a Bianzone, che è un comune a parte (tra l'altro è il paese d'origine della mamma di Ivan Basso)
kanon16
Spettatore

Post by kanon16 »

mauro wrote: 14/08/2020, 23:09 Visto grazie. La strada è asfaltata. Ero stato tratto in inganno dal fatto che aveva scritto che l'arrivo era a Tresenda ma in realtà lo hai messo a Bianzone, che è un comune a parte (tra l'altro è il paese d'origine della mamma di Ivan Basso)
Ah vero! Ricordavo che Basso avesse qualche legame stretto con la Valtellina.. Forse rimane una strada al limite, dallo street view non si capisce mai quanto sia effettivamente stretta una carreggiata! Cambierò almeno il nome della località di arrivo..
adriamedina
Spettatore

Post by adriamedina »

Arnorius wrote: 14/08/2020, 17:34
JAdmeal wrote: 14/08/2020, 16:11 maps/viewtrack/373351

Triesberg profile:
Guess i'll have to search a new location :p Will be hard because i think this one is really good ;)
When I came with the idea of making the WC in Liechtenstein I thought I'd to make it fast because somebody will take my idea. Luckily for me I did it fast enough. :lol: :lol: :lol: