Open Street Map Editor is Open

Maps of climbs, cobbles and white roads will be opened in a second time.

We are aware that there could be a problem in tracking in North America and some other small countries and we will fix them in a second time.

We are aware that labels of sprints disappears at click, for the moment it's a design choice.

In case of other bugs, please report them in this topic.
Please don't spam us mail and PMs that we won't answer. Everything related about the situation will be published on that topic and that topic only.

Contests currently open
- Vuelta a Espana 2018 (Cat. 1, deadline on 25/8)
- Binckbank Tour (Cat. 2, deadline on 25/8)

Tour Preparation Races - Voting

Compete in the contests and become the best stagemaker!
emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Tour Preparation Races - Voting

Post by emmea90 » 14/07/2018, 13:45

Contest #8 - Tour Preparation Races - Voting (Category 3)

In this topic you can vote for the Winter Stage Races, according to the following rules.

PLEASE READ ALL THE POST BEFORE VOTING

How to vote

1 - You have to judge the track according to the requirements. This time I'll link the topic because it's too long to quote. Check the post
2 - You have to write in a post your best FIVE routes, from worse to best, providing a brief motivation for each choice
FIFTH PLACE
(Motivation)

FOURTH PLACE
(Motivation)

THIRD PLACE
(Motivation)

SECOND PLACE
(Motivation)

FIRST PLACE
(Motivation)
How does it work?
- First choice got 6 points, second 4, third 3, fourth 2 and fifth 1 point.
- Presentation bonus grant you 3 points (we will add later with penalties who took the bonus)
- Ranking will be made according to points obtained
- In case of equality I will decide the winner
- YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF
- You can also comment other people's reviews regarding your or other one's routes
- YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR VOTE ONCE SUBMITTED

Who can vote?
- Every user that submitted a contest (full points vote)
- Every user in the La Flamme Rouge Staff (Emmea90, Pigna, Sagan99, Matthorse, Nasdon33, Linkinito, Bose12)
- Every user that has registered BEFORE 13 march 2018 and has at least 10 tracks in the editor. In this case, his votes counts half of the points scale

Penalties
- Every user that submitted a contest and doesn't submit a valid vote (with 5 choices and motivations) will get a 10 points penalty for all his routes.
- It's FORBBIDDEN to ask for votes. Who will be caught public or privately asking for a vote to some users will get a 50 points penalty in first instance, then the exclusion from all the contests of the year
- Vote penalties for unpracticable routes will be assigned by staff during this phase

Deadline for vote phase is 29 july 2018, h 23.59

Tracks:
Mauro-V1: maps/tours/view/9531
emilio.torre-V1: maps/tours/view/9531
emilio.torre-V2: maps/tours/view/9534
Pereiroseleccion-V1: maps/tours/view/9538 +3 bonus
Simon_pierre_7-V1: contests/maps/tours/view/9577
Xiky-V1: maps/tours/view/9590 +3 bonus
Alfa-V1: maps/tours/view/9541 +3 bonus
Railxmig-V1: maps/tours/view/9584 +3 bonus
Pereiroseleccion-V2: maps/tours/view/9582
Lorenzo06-V1: maps/tours/view/9525
Simone.Galbiati-V1: maps/tours/view/9618
David.Tuci-V1: maps/tours/view/9601
Jibvalverde-V1: maps/tours/view/9762 +3 bonus
Diego12Alpe-V1: maps/tours/view/9824
Chiumiento-V1: maps/tours/view/9781 +3 bonus
Mirerere85-V1: maps/tours/view/9226 +3 bonus
Tomrenm-V1: maps/tours/view/9882
Dennis1107-V1: maps/tours/view/9787 +3 bonus
Timonierop-V1: maps/tours/view/9607 +3 bonus
Lorenzo.tripodi-v1: maps/tours/view/9872 +3 bonus
Arnorius-v1: maps/tours/view/9751 +3 bonus
Smassbg-V1: contests/maps/tours/view/9663
Smassbg-V2: contests/maps/tours/view/5232
Taaramae_crack-V1: maps/tours/view/9867 +3 bonus
Benoit.guillot-V1: maps/tours/view/9541 +3 bonus
Nebe-V1: maps/tours/view/9699 +3 bonus
Pincoletto-V1: maps/tours/view/9978
Xander66-V1: maps/tours/view/9933

PLEASE ALWAYS SPECIFY THE VERSION OF THE ROUTE YOU VOTE FOR (1 or 2 WHERE AVAILABLE)
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic

Xander66
Spettatore

Re: Tour Preparation Races - Voting

Post by Xander66 » 14/07/2018, 14:46

I think you forgot to include my tour in the list?

Here's the url once again: maps/tours/view/9933

benoît.guillot
Spettatore

Post by benoît.guillot » 15/07/2018, 14:44

Here's my vote for this contest :

FIFTH PLACE : Dennis1107 with maps/tours/view/9787
An original one almost made without the Alps, good idea !

FOURTH PLACE : Pincoletto with maps/tours/view/9978
Very beautiful tracks for an almost perfect circle aroud Switzerland

THIRD PLACE : Arnorius with maps/tours/view/9751
A cool one with some of the beautiful stages i've seen but we lost the spirit of switzerland with too more stages around Italy. and Jura is forgotten :lol:

SECOND PLACE : jibvalverde with maps/tours/view/9762
Very close to the first place, specially with the col du Tanay. But not enough Jura to my taste :ahah:

FIRST PLACE : Xander66 with maps/tours/view/9933
Everything is in there, a beautiful Tour with Jura, Alps, Beautiful climb, Genève, the lac Leman ! I want to see this one for real ! Congratulations !

emilio.torre
Spettatore

Post by emilio.torre » 16/07/2018, 18:08

My vote is the following, there are my 5 choice

5th place : Lorenzo.tripodi - maps/tours/view/9872 - nice race route, i like some Verbier's stage
4th place : Arnorius - maps/tours/view/9751 - another nice race route of Tour de Suisse with little mistakes
3th place : Mauro - maps/tours/view/9531 - perfect design of the route, nice work
2nd place : Benoit.guillot - maps/tours/view/9541 - excellent and fantastic route
1st place : Pereiroseleccion V-1 - maps/tours/view/9538 - so very perfect

Arnorius
Spettatore

Post by Arnorius » 21/07/2018, 12:07

Alfa-V1: maps/tours/view/9541 +3 bonus
Benoit.guillot-V1: maps/tours/view/9541 +3 bonus

Both the same track?

I think some mistakes were made when you posted this topic :)

david.tuci
Spettatore

Post by david.tuci » 22/07/2018, 12:28

Many wrong tracks with too many too hard mountain stages: everyone would have liked, in a country like Switzerland, to climb Everest at every stage, but that was not what requested for contest.
I found three tracks very near for places from 6 to 4 and other three very near for places from 3 to 1. In both cases if i rewatch tracks i can invert the ranking everytime i do. I will not, so, with apologies to Lorenzo Tripodi v1, my vote is:

5-Pereiroseleccion-V1: good time trials, equilibrated with mountains
maps/tours/view/9538
4-Chiumiento-V1: the same as previous but with more various tracks (maybe)
maps/tours/view/9781

3-Dennis1107-V1: respect the number 1 and 2 a little longer time trial and harder mountains
maps/tours/view/9787
2-Nebe-V1: very equilibrated, maybe a little too easy climbs
maps/tours/view/9699
1-Tomrenm-V1: the most equilibrated with not too hard mountains and short time trial.
maps/tours/view/9882

emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Post by emmea90 » 29/07/2018, 23:53

There will be 5 more days for voting the routes since the new editor opening

emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Post by emmea90 » 01/08/2018, 14:38

Deadline for voting will be this sunday h 23.59

Arnorius
Spettatore

Post by Arnorius » 02/08/2018, 21:46

My votes:

FIFTH PLACE
Dennis1107-V1: maps/tours/view/9787
Maybe just not hard enough. And the finish in the Fribourg stage is a little bit too risky.

FOURTH PLACE
Diego12Alpe-V1: maps/tours/view/9824
Only a short TT, as was asked. But maybe your stages are too long, you shoul have done some shorter stages instead of everything near 200km.

THIRD PLACE
Railxmig-V1: maps/tours/view/9584
This one looks like a classic Dauphiné, but in Switzerland.

SECOND PLACE
Lorenzo.tripodi-v1: maps/tours/view/9872
Stage 8 is really hard, but i like it.

FIRST PLACE
Xander66-V1: maps/tours/view/9933
Very nice route. Not much to say about it :p

Dennis1107
Spettatore

Post by Dennis1107 » 03/08/2018, 11:25

Fifth Place: Alfa-V1 (maps/tours/view/9541)
A strong tour with very difficult mountain stages.

Fourth Place: Taaramae_crack-V1 (maps/tours/view/9867)
Nice route, the lack of top finishes is the only problem.

Third Place: Pereiroseleccion-V2 (maps/tours/view/9582)
Easy route with two very interesting top finishes.

Second Place: Mirerere85-V1 (maps/tours/view/9226)
A very good route but the time trial for me is too long.

First Place: Xiky-V1 (maps/tours/view/9590)
The best combination of climbs and time trial.

Alfa
Spettatore

Post by Alfa » 03/08/2018, 19:06

5th place: Diego12Alpe-v1
I like a lot St Gallen stage and Locarno.

4th place: Tomrenm-v1
Good mountain stages but i thnk not enough equilibrated for TT's.

3rd place: taaramae_crack-v1
Good Martignyy stage and I like TT.

2nd place: Dennis1107-v1
I love Sion and Emosson stage.

1st place: Chiumiento-v1
Original route and very good mountain stages, and the plain stage perfectly executed.

jibvalverde
Spettatore

Post by jibvalverde » 04/08/2018, 17:17

5th place: Mauro-v1
A well balanced road with two ITT (one cronoscalada), tougher than the usual Swiss Tour

4th place: Pereiroseleccion-V1
One of the less touhgh road but very intersting and very "Swiss"spirit

3rd place: Lorenzo.tripodi-v1
Schema is good with ITT first and last day. Good moutain.

2nd place: Chiumiento-V1
Beautiful five last stage with mountain that i didn't know

1st place: Alfa-V1
Like Chiuiento, a lot of moutain that i didn't know but original roads and a good point for stage arrival to Umbrailpass

taaramae_crack
Spettatore

Post by taaramae_crack » 04/08/2018, 23:32

FIFTH PLACE: [Railxmig-v1 -- I liked most of your stages individually, but altogether they create a too hard race for me. Sterrato is good, but two stages with it I think it's too much for a race that has never been near of trying something like that (Maybe putting just Verbier's one could have been a good option). Also I would have prefered the last stage not to be a TT, but as it isn't too long it shouldn't determine too much the previous stages.

FOURTH PLACE: Xiky-v1 -- Well balanced Tour, with good placement of the stages and lots of variety and different type of courses. Not much else to say.

THIRD PLACE: Chiumiento-v1 -- Something similar to Railxmig, I like your stages individually, but I think altogether they aren't that good. For me, the mountain is a bit soft, but the medium mountain is hard, for an original TdS it would be a nice course. ANd other thing I miss is some opportunity for the sprinters, the only stage where they could do something is the first one, and the finish is a bit strange, not bad, but more suitable for some attacks.

SECOND PLACE: Alfa-v1 -- Very nice stages, it could be easily a winner route, but I think there's one a bit better, just for some details (most of them personal). I think that the last two mountain stages are too similar, maybe one of them could have been better with a different type of finish. And another detail, I prefer TT before the high mountain, for the climbers to attack in the mountains and give it all there.

FIRST PLACE: pereiroseleccion-v1 -- Even though I think your nickname should be changed to "alarconseleccion" :D , I find your route pretty interesting, complete and varied, maybe a bit hard, but the contest searchs for something like that, son nothing else to say. Great job !!

Xander66
Spettatore

Post by Xander66 » 05/08/2018, 12:17

5th place: Diego12Alpe-V1
Good route, you covered all important regions of Switzerland in your race. But I would've like to see one more sprinter stage, one real chance isn't enough I think.

4th place: Lorenzo06-V1
I really like your time trial, it's a tough one, but really early in the tour, so the climbers have enough chances left to take time back.

3rd place: jibvalverde-V1
Really nice track, I know the region of the Valais (Wallis Alps) really well and I love to see the stages you made there. Looking at the tracks individually everything's perfect, but those three final stages might be too hard if they follow each other in a stage race.

2nd place: TimoNierop-V1
Great tour, only one small remark I have to make: the time trial might be a bit too long for a one week stage race. But the final stage to Thyon would be a great one to watch.

1st place: Dennis1107-V1
To me, this is the best track. You might have done a track in the Italian parts of Switzerland, but that's a personal choice. Otherwise, no remarks.

TimoNierop
Spettatore

Post by TimoNierop » 05/08/2018, 20:07

FIFTH PLACE - Xander66-v1
Good Tour with some serious hard stages at the end.

FOURTH PLACE - Dennis1107-v1
Really good Tour, but maybe a little to "easy" for the contest.

THIRD PLACE - Chiumiento-v1
A really hard stage race, but it lacks a deciding high mountain top finish at the end of the race in my opinion.

SECOND PLACE - Alfa-v1
A really hard stage race with good stages. The other was just a little bit better.

FIRST PLACE - Xiky-v1
Really nice routes. I especially like the stage to Chasseral.

chuimiento
Spettatore

Post by chuimiento » 05/08/2018, 21:10

Congratulations firstly to all the competitors, I have seen pretty good tracks, it's a pity to select only five routes. As I have three routes tied for the fifth place, I had to raffle who got the place. So, sorry for xiky and Tomremn, you two have a special mention in my list.

FIFTH PLACE - Pereiroselección-V1 maps/tours/view/9538
Stages are too short. There is few mountain to many medium mountain stage, and the first stages are too hard. I like the prologue. The second stage could be better as last stage, and stage 3 is very early to put a high mountain stage. Also, the final flat waste the hardness of the previous zone. Stage of Aarau is okey and balanced. The Bern TT is okey, maybe too close from the other TT. The sprint stage maybe is very restricted, having the option to track a completely flat stage. The Verbier stage is okey, stage 7 might be harder. The Crans-Montana stage is one of my favourites, and I should catalogue it as high mountain not medium. Finally, I don't like finishing with the queen stage.

FOURTH PLACE - Nebe-V1 maps/tours/view/9699
Some stages are really good, but the route has some issues. I don't like starting with medium mountain, and stage 1 is maybe too hard. Maybe there are too many medium mountain stages, and few real mountain stages. I like stage 6, although it is very hard, and stage 7 complements it very well. Stage 8 is way too hard (almost 7000m denivel!?!?!?). The final TT is good.

THIRD PLACE - Arnorius-v1 maps/tours/view/9751
I don't like starting with medium mountain, and stage 1 is really hard. Maybe stage 4 is a little early to put a mountain stage, and specially a hard stage as yours. Nonetheless, your stages 5, 6 and 7 are way so smooth, being this placement more relevant for the finish of the race. Stage of Davos is again a very hard stage, but close to the finish. I like the final stage.

SECOND PLACE - Lorenzo.tripodi-v1 maps/tours/view/9872
I find interesting the hilly prologue, although it's not my favourite idea. I find okey stages 2 and 3 as restricted sprints. Stage 4 (fully flat) could have been better earlier -as stage 2-. The Fribourg one is okey but reminds me of stage 2. Mythical Verbier stage is good to start the mountains. Maybe stage 7 with only one climb is very few. The stage of Grimselpass is much better, maybe somewhat late in the race. Final TT is perfect.

FIRST PLACE - Alfa-V1 maps/tours/view/9541
Structure is pretty good, maybe it would have been better if the flat stage had been the 2 or 3. The short hilly prologue, as in Lorenzo Tripodi's route, is interesting but not my favourite idea. The Fribourg stage is okey for a restricted sprint. Hochdorf had been better as last stage. The sprint stage is perfectly executed. The first mountain stage is perfect, it forces the riders to attack at the Acherlipass and doesn't features too many climbs. Fantastic stage 6, but maybe stage 7 is too simple and centered in the last climb, as well as stage 8. Final TT is interesting, but maybe similar to the prologue.

tomrenm
Spettatore

Post by tomrenm » 05/08/2018, 22:10

5th place : Mauro-V1: maps/tours/view/9531 - plus for making the route in a historical perspective, but it's maybe some hard.
4th place : Dennis1107-V1: maps/tours/view/9787 - nice combination of hilly and mountain stages, but not as interessting mounatin stages as the top three parcours.
3th place : Jibvalverde-V1: maps/tours/view/9762 - good start with hilly stages in the beginning before hard mountain stages in the last part, but I would like to switch the ITT and the TTT.
2nd place : Alfa-V1: maps/tours/view/9541 - great parcours with some hilly stages in the beginning, with a cobble hill finish at stage 2, before short mountain stages in the last stages.
1st place : Nebe-V1: maps/tours/view/9699 - the three last mountain stages are really making the difference between the GC-riders, but the first five stages are really interesting too with difficult hills near the finish line.

emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Post by emmea90 » 06/08/2018, 9:08

Final Results
Alfa-V1 28
Dennis1107-V1 22
Chiumiento-V1 21
Xander66-V1 13
Jibvalverde-V1 13
Arnorius-v1 11
Taaramae_crack-V1 8
Tomrenm-V1 8
Xiky-V1 7
Pereiroseleccion-V1 7
Benoit.guillot-V1 7
Timonierop-V1 7
Nebe-V1 5
Lorenzo.tripodi-v1 5
David.Tuci-V1 0
emilio.torre-V1 0
emilio.torre-V2 0
Mirerere85-V1 -3
Railxmig-V1 -3
Mauro-V1 -5
Diego12Alpe-V1 -6
Pereiroseleccion-V2 -7
Simon_pierre_7-V1 -7
Lorenzo06-V1 -8
Pincoletto-V1 -8
Simone.Galbiati-V1 -10
Smassbg-V1 -10
Smassbg-V2 -10

jibvalverde
Spettatore

Post by jibvalverde » 06/08/2018, 20:32

TOP 5 !!! My first time with more than a few points ! Thanks for all voting for me and well done everyone !