Open Street Map Editor is Open

Submission of climbs is still closed due to elevation problems.

We are aware that there could be a problem in tracking in North America and some other small countries and we will fix them in a second time.

We are aware that labels of sprints disappears at click, for the moment it's a design choice.

In case of other bugs, please report them in this topic.
Please don't spam us mail and PMs that we won't answer. Everything related about the situation will be published on that topic and that topic only.

Contests currently open
- End of Season Classics (Category 2, Deadline on 7/10)

Please notice that the official language of forum is English. Not French. Not Italian. English.

Vuelta a Espana 2018 - Voting

Compete in the contests and become the best stagemaker!
emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Vuelta a Espana 2018 - Voting

Post by emmea90 » 26/08/2018, 20:33

Contest #7 - Vuelta a Espana 2018 (Category 1) - Voting

In this topic you can vote for the Winter Stage Races, according to the following rules.

PLEASE READ ALL THE POST BEFORE VOTING

How to vote

1 - You have to judge the track according to the requirements. This time I'll link the topic because it's too long to quote. Check the post
2 - You have to write in a post your best FIVE routes, from worse to best, providing a brief motivation for each choice
FIFTH PLACE
(Motivation)

FOURTH PLACE
(Motivation)

THIRD PLACE
(Motivation)

SECOND PLACE
(Motivation)

FIRST PLACE
(Motivation)
How does it work?
- First choice got 6 points, second 4, third 3, fourth 2 and fifth 1 point.
- Presentation bonus grant you 3 points (we will add later with penalties who took the bonus)
- Ranking will be made according to points obtained
- In case of equality I will decide the winner
- YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF
- You can also comment other people's reviews regarding your or other one's routes
- YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR VOTE ONCE SUBMITTED

Who can vote?
- Every user that submitted a contest (full points vote)
- Every user in the La Flamme Rouge Staff (Emmea90, Pigna, Sagan99, Matthorse, Nasdon33, Linkinito, Bose12)
- Every user that has registered BEFORE 13 march 2018 and has at least 10 tracks in the editor. In this case, his votes counts half of the points scale

Penalties
- Every user that submitted a contest and doesn't submit a valid vote (with 5 choices and motivations) will get a 10 points penalty for all his routes.
- It's FORBBIDDEN to ask for votes. Who will be caught public or privately asking for a vote to some users will get a 50 points penalty in first instance, then the exclusion from all the contests of the year
- Vote penalties for unpracticable routes will be assigned by staff during this phase

Deadline for vote phase is 16 september 2018, h 23.59

Tracks:
xiky-v1: maps/tours/view/9247 +3 bonus
jadmeal-v1: maps/tours/view/9344
pereiroseleccion-v1: maps/tours/view/8039
alfa-v1: maps/tours/view/9225 +3 bonus
jadmeal-v1: maps/tours/view/9460
dydydydou-v1: maps/tours/view/6216 +3 bonus
xiky-v2: maps/tours/view/9558 +3 bonus
dydydydou-v2: maps/tours/view/9587 +3 bonus
jibvalverde-v1: maps/tours/view/9212
rober_vlc-v1: maps/tours/view/9997
chiumiento-v1: maps/tours/view/9371 +3 bonus
miguelbouzas-v1: maps/tours/view/10023 +3 bonus

Not admittable tracks:
emilio.torre-v1: maps/tours/view/9205 (did not meet the two 200Kms Mountain stage constraint)
mauro-v1: maps/tours/view/9261 (more than 50% of a stage out of spain)
simone.galbiati-v1: maps/tours/view/9363 (missing the 50Kms of flat ITT requested)
emilio.torre-v2: maps/tours/view/8339 (missing the 50Kms of flat ITT requested)
jibvalverde-v2: maps/tours/view/9828 (goes abroad in two stages)
arnorius-v1: maps/tours/view/10238 +3 bonus (the 50Kms ITT is indeed not flat)

PLEASE ALWAYS SPECIFY THE VERSION OF THE ROUTE YOU VOTE FOR (1 or 2 WHERE AVAILABLE)
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic

xiky
Spettatore

Re: Vuelta a Espana 2018 - Voting

Post by xiky » 29/08/2018, 18:36

There is a small error in the tracks list. The track of Emilio Torre V2 belongs to Jadmeal.

I can not see the rober-vic stages either, maybe I'll have it private.

emilio.torre
Spettatore

Post by emilio.torre » 31/08/2018, 10:15

This is my vote for Vuelta a Espana's contest

5th place : pereiroseleccion-v1 - maps/tours/view/8039 - A modern Grand Tour, adapt for all types of riders
4th place : miguelbouzas-v1 - maps/maps/tours/view/10023 - Very nice work for this track with not exceptional mistakes
3rd place : mauro-v1 - maps/tours/view/9261 - Only a word, fantastic!
2nd place : jibvalverde-v1 - maps/tours/view/9212 - Another fantastic track but with some spectacular muritos, very nice
1st place : rober_vlc-v1 - maps/tours/view/9997 - Very nice track

emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Post by emmea90 » 31/08/2018, 16:03

emilio.torre wrote:
31/08/2018, 10:15

5th place : pereiroseleccion-v1 - maps/tours/view/8039 - A modern Grand Tour, adapt for all types of riders
4th place : miguelbouzas-v1 - maps/maps/tours/view/10023 - Very nice work for this track with not exceptional mistakes
2nd place : jibvalverde-v1 - maps/tours/view/9212 - Another fantastic track but with some spectacular muritos, very nice
I want from you a clear explanation now on how you could give 6 points on a route that it was not presented and is not also available to the public. Otherwise I'll start thinking that you voted randomly without even looking at the routes and I'll take mine countermeasures.

emilio.torre
Spettatore

Post by emilio.torre » 01/09/2018, 9:18

emmea90 wrote:
31/08/2018, 16:03
emilio.torre wrote:

I want from you a clear explanation now on how you could give 6 points on a route that it was not presented and is not also available to the public. Otherwise I'll start thinking that you voted randomly without even looking at the routes and I'll take mine countermeasures.
I make a mistake, i'm sorry, excuse me, i don't know that situation, next time lating

mauro
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by mauro » 01/09/2018, 12:03

emmea90 wrote:
emilio.torre wrote:

This morning the route of miguelbouzas is seen correctly. Probably yesterday was inexplicably disappeared for a few hours and emilio.torre had seen and commented before this "bug"

Arnorius
Spettatore

Post by Arnorius » 01/09/2018, 12:08

emmea90 wrote:
I wonder why such tracks are even in the list? Also tracks that didn't follow the rules (Start in Malaga, only once out of Spain,...) are still in the list :p

emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Post by emmea90 » 01/09/2018, 12:20

Arnorius wrote:
01/09/2018, 12:08
emmea90 wrote:
I wonder why such tracks are even in the list? Also tracks that didn't follow the rules (Start in Malaga, only once out of Spain,...) are still in the list :p
Didn't have time to check all the tracks, I thought people were so smart not to vote them. What are them?

xiky
Spettatore

Post by xiky » 02/09/2018, 11:14

emmea90 wrote:
01/09/2018, 12:20
Arnorius wrote:
01/09/2018, 12:08
emmea90 wrote:
Didn't have time to check all the tracks, I thought people were so smart not to vote them. What are them?
There are really few that meet all the requirements.

I see that you have corrected the error of the track link of emilio.torre-v2, but the first track that Jademeal presented is still missing

emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Post by emmea90 » 02/09/2018, 11:36

First post updated with not admittable tracks.

Alfa
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by Alfa » 03/09/2018, 19:53

MY VOTE:

5th place: DYDYDYDOU-v1

I don't have a lot to say about this route, I find it interesting. Some stages are cool like Andora-la-Vella or Lagunas de Neila. Unfortunately you lose one place because of Andorra-la-Vella, which is a city that already welcomed the Vuelta previous year.

4th place: jibvalverde-v1

Your route is pretty fine, with some mistakes like the finish of 19th stage which is in a town with 10 houses max, i don't think it's a good idea. You lose points too because you put Logroño and Gijon, which were already in Vuelta 2017.

3rd place: rober_vlc-v1

I like your route, not exceptional, but for me there are no big mistakes so that's why you are in my top 3. I love this climb of Alto Rey, maybe you should have gone further to the ermita del alto rey.

2nd place: chiumiento-v1

I love your Vuelta, the climbs are perfect, especially that Alto Campoo, which I put in my route too. This climb has a fantastic view on top and is very nice for cycling. I would have prefered a high mountains stage for 20th stage, but that's a personal choice.

1st place: xiky-v1

This route is my favourite, because of the originality, and all the things I can say about it. I found some mistakes, maybe more than second, but there are also very good points. The thing that you took some risks made me take the decision to put you on my first place. I explain: For the stage 4, I love that climb Sierra Cabrera, but I think the final wall is a bit too much. That climb is very hard and this wall will maybe neutralize some attacks. Stage 6 is very interesting with a lot of opportunities for attacks. Stage 9, the TT, is pleasing me a lot, I don't know why, but I find that profile very esthetic. I don't like Mont Caro, I don't think there's enough place for finish. And finally, a bad point that Vila-real and Gijon were already in 2017.

GOOD LUCK, hope you understood me, I maybe wasn't clear.
Last edited by Alfa on 04/09/2018, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

xiky
Spettatore

Post by xiky » 03/09/2018, 23:27

Villarreal was the start of the stage in 2017, there is no problem to include it. With Gijón if I've been confused, it's also that I did not care about ending up somewhere else. In Mont Caro there is not a large esplanade to locate all the infrastructure, but you can mount the essential and the rest leave it more below. In the Bola del Mundo, for example, there is still less space.

Here are my votes

Fifth place: Alfa V1
It is an interesting route, with a certain classic aroma. Using historical climbs of La Vuelta, but introducing small novelties. I really like the stage of Posada de Valdeon, giving prominence to the Puerto de San Glorio, which is one of the great forgotten of La Vuelta. I miss a second queen stage in the last week, maybe put more weight in the Posada de Valdeon or Rascafría.

Fourth place: Chiumiento V1
I like the route, especially the medium mountain is very interesting, but I think it lacks more hardness to compensate for the TTT. The ideal would be a shorter TTT or another stage similar to Baga. Because unless an Contador appears in one of the stages of medium mountain and breaks the peloton from afar, it is difficult for large differences to occur in the other mountain stages. The Altotero stage in that location is a bit out of place. I think that You could have taken better advantage of that area.

Third place: Jadmeal V1
The route is quite good in general. Very good stages individually, such as Logroño, Villaviciosa or Sierra Meira. On the other hand, it has some important errors. Too much unnecessary hardness as for example in the stage of Mount Xoxote. This climb requires conditioning the last two kilometers, which are of gravel. The first 5 are made of asphalt and cement. Good idea of the circuit of the cobblestones of the walls of Avila, but it is too short. In 4 kms there will be bent, even if there is a breakaway, this can go with laps in advantage. In the stage of Saint Jean de Port, the last two descents, in particular, are very dangerous. I would say that they are not suitable for a race.

Second place: pereiroselección V1
Although I do not like the fact of giving votes to improve the track of 2018, I have to say that it is the most balanced. I really like the stage of the Farrapona, on the other hand, the next stage in Lagos, can condition it. Also, the end in Urkiola clashes a lot. Using Oiz as the port of passage and ending below, it would have given more variety to the last week.

First place: Jadmeal V2 (the second V1 in the list)
Overall, it seems to me the best route of the presented ones. Good balance between ITT / mountain. Stages that individually have a great design and made with a bad idea :evil: :evil: . The biggest problem I find is that you have gone through hard stages in the second week. Perhaps in some of them you could have removed some ports and keep those that are in strategic places.

JAdmeal
Spettatore

Post by JAdmeal » 05/09/2018, 13:49

FIFTH PLACE (dydydydou-v1):
Perfect route with awesome stages like the Andorran or Rasos, but the last stage is impossible and strange and I would prefer more mountain stages with more mountain passes before the final summit.

FOURTH PLACE (rober_vlc-v1):
Perfect route but is too much hardness, great stages like Andorra, Port Aine or the Toro and Picaio ones.

THIRD PLACE (xiky-v1):
I love this route is very complete, despite having a lot of hilly stages for puncheurs like Valverde. Great ITT and perfect stages like Port del Compte, Los Corrales de Buelna or Somiedo.

SECOND PLACE (chuimiento-v1):
Great route with awesome stages, perfect balance and lovely stages like Barcelona, the two Cangas and Baga.

FIRST PLACE (xiky-v2):
Even better than the other. A lot of hills, more sprint stages, less but modern mountain stages and innovative route. Love the ITT's the Guadalupe stage and Sierra de Cazorla's stages.

chuimiento
Spettatore

Post by chuimiento » 07/09/2018, 12:35

My voting: Vuelta a España 2018

FIFTH PLACE: DYDYDYDOU-v1 maps/tours/view/6216
I miss more time trial, and I think the Vuelta has too much medium mountain. I do like the structure. I would have categorised the Bejar stage as medium mountain. I like Pamplona stage. I find Cerler a little smooth. Probably Andorra is the first real mountain stage. I think stages of Balaguer and Tarazona are placed too late in the route. The last stage is so weird. Generally, I find the Vuelta somewhat smooth.

FOURTH PLACE: rober_vlc-v1 maps/tours/view/9997
Maybe too much mountain stages and too much summit finishes. I find the first stages too hard, more medium mountain needed in the middle part and more hardness the last week. I love the starting time trial, the flat stages in Castilla la Mancha, the Leagi one, and Quebrantahuesos, also the time trial in Huesca which is pretty hard. The stage of Motril is okey but the third stage is clearly too hard. I find the last week too smooth, since I like the two hard stages in Valencia. I assume the last time trial in Valencia is individual as time trial are forbidden after stage 7.

THIRD PLACE: xiky-v1 maps/tours/view/9247
I think this Vuelta has too much medium mountain and few high mountain stages. I like the structure, maybe the last week needs more mountain stages. I would have catalogued stage 5 as high mountain not medium. I love the stages of Valencia, sierra calderona and the time trial in Villareal. The first Cantabrian stage is beautiful, but I dont like the dirt road one. I don't think Ponferrada and Valladolid stages are convenient at that point, but the final TT is good.

SECOND PLACE: jibivalverde-v1 maps/tours/view/9212
Structure is not bad, maybe it needs more medium mountain and some more TT. I don't like a GT that doesn't start with a time trial. Stages are all right.

FIRST PLACE: jadmeal-v1 maps/tours/view/9460
Structure is perfect, with also a perfect balance of long and short stages. I only think there are maybe too many summit finishes. I love the team time trial, the second stage is maybe too hard. Cordoba stage is great, also the Villanueva one. The plataforma de Gredos stage is beautiful, one of my favourite stages so far. Avila circuit is interesting though. I like the CTT in El Escorial. I like also the Bola del Mundo but I don't like the fact they go down and up again by the same side of Navacerrada. Logroño stage is beautiful. The basque stage, along with the french one, are for me the queen stages and very very hard and beautiful. I don't like dirt road climbs in Asturias. Last week is maybe too less hard, with a stage 17 too medium mountain for the moment it is placed. Meira is okey, maybe it should be harder, like Ancares one. In summary, a perfect Vuelta, it's a pity the last week lowers the level.

rober_vlc
Spettatore

Post by rober_vlc » 09/09/2018, 15:52

emmea90 wrote:
emilio.torre wrote:

Only a question, this vote is correct? I'm very interested clap

emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Post by emmea90 » 09/09/2018, 16:26

rober_vlc wrote:
09/09/2018, 15:52
emmea90 wrote:
emilio.torre wrote:

No, because he clearly voted random not seeing the routes. Motivations are too generic and sometimes false.

rober_vlc
Spettatore

Post by rober_vlc » 09/09/2018, 16:29

emmea90 wrote:
09/09/2018, 16:26
rober_vlc wrote:
09/09/2018, 15:52
emmea90 wrote:

No, because he clearly voted random not seeing the routes. Motivations are too generic and sometimes false.
Oh, damned... i was first... :angry:

emmea90
Giornalista
Giornalista

Post by emmea90 » 09/09/2018, 19:52

Do not edit your post after voting or your vote can be invalid.

jibvalverde
Spettatore

Post by jibvalverde » 11/09/2018, 19:30

MY VOTE:

5th place: DYDYDYDOU - v2

A lot of classic, especially in mountain stages, but climbs that work well. The last week still seems too overloaded.

4th place: miguelbouzas

A Vuelta that is played in Galicia, it is quite rare and rather not badly seen. For the rest, it's serious, even if some of your steps do not appear in the Tour (private?). Fortunately, I knew the area well and the view without detail was enough for me, especially for the stage Arneguy-Larrau (a pity not to have made the Col d'Elhurso)

3rd place: xiky - v2

The course as such is not necessarily one of those I prefer but I found normal to welcome the desire to stand out and be original. It's successful here, and not bad, whether in the diagrams (no murritos), in the use of mountain ranges (no Pyrenees) or in the desire to mitigate the chances of climbers (102km of ITT!) ...

2nd place: DYDYDYDOU - v1

A lot of originality for two weeks before a last week more classic, with arrivals in Cerler, Andorra or Lagunas de Neila. Bonus for making the latter the ultimate chance to overthrow the general. A little disappointed with the stage of Pamplona where there was better to do I think but overall, very good Vuelta.

1st place: Alfa - v1

Superb layout, just perfect. A first audacious week, a second that gives pride to the climbers and the Pyrenees before one last ideal week : mixing Basque Country, Cantabria and an arrival in the Sierra de Madrid, many opportunities to overthrow the general without too many climb arrivals.

miguelbouzas
Spettatore

Post by miguelbouzas » 12/09/2018, 23:42

jibvalverde wrote:
11/09/2018, 19:30
MY VOTE:

5th place: DYDYDYDOU - v2

A lot of classic, especially in mountain stages, but climbs that work well. The last week still seems too overloaded.

4th place: miguelbouzas

A Vuelta that is played in Galicia, it is quite rare and rather not badly seen. For the rest, it's serious, even if some of your steps do not appear in the Tour (private?). Fortunately, I knew the area well and the view without detail was enough for me, especially for the stage Arneguy-Larrau (a pity not to have made the Col d'Elhurso)

3rd place: xiky - v2

The course as such is not necessarily one of those I prefer but I found normal to welcome the desire to stand out and be original. It's successful here, and not bad, whether in the diagrams (no murritos), in the use of mountain ranges (no Pyrenees) or in the desire to mitigate the chances of climbers (102km of ITT!) ...

2nd place: DYDYDYDOU - v1

A lot of originality for two weeks before a last week more classic, with arrivals in Cerler, Andorra or Lagunas de Neila. Bonus for making the latter the ultimate chance to overthrow the general. A little disappointed with the stage of Pamplona where there was better to do I think but overall, very good Vuelta.

1st place: Alfa - v1

Superb layout, just perfect. A first audacious week, a second that gives pride to the climbers and the Pyrenees before one last ideal week : mixing Basque Country, Cantabria and an arrival in the Sierra de Madrid, many opportunities to overthrow the general without too many climb arrivals.
I am new here and I made some updates before posting my tour and perhaps I didn´t save some stages properly. I made all my tour tracks public, so I hope the problem would be solved. About Elhursaro, I thought about the posibility of passing there, but I don´t know very well the zone and I saw on Google Maps that some roads were so narrow, so I decided to take no risks because of the unpracticable roads. About Galicia is strange, but there is high mountain enough to host a last week