IMPORTANT: due to people using bots to scrape the website data, we have to restrict the access to the races only to people with an account. We hope that for now this will be temporay.

IMPORTANT: Routing and Elevation API are limited to 7000 calls per day. In case they are expired, they won't work until limit is re-charged. You can try in this case to do a GPX on RideWithGPS site and import it on the editor

Please don't spam us mail and PMs that we won't answer and notice that the official language of forum is English.

Comment with us the races in the Telegram Chat

New Contest Season is on: Contest 3

Follow us on Twitter: @laflammerouge16

New Feature: 3d maps - To activate it, follow this guide

Contest #4 - UCI Road World Cup - VOTING

Moderator: Tracking Contests

emmea90
Consulente tattico Continental Tour

Post by emmea90 »

In this topic you can vote for the Benelux Cobbled Classics, according to the following rules.

PLEASE READ ALL THE POST BEFORE VOTING

How to vote

1 - You have to judge the track according to the requirements: contests/contest-uci-road-world-cup-t7347.html

2 - You have to write in a post your best FIVE routes, from worse to best, providing a brief motivation for each choice
FIFTH PLACE
(Motivation)

FOURTH PLACE
(Motivation)

THIRD PLACE
(Motivation)

SECOND PLACE
(Motivation)

FIRST PLACE
(Motivation)
How does it work?
- First choice got 6 points, second 4, third 3, fourth 2 and fifth 1 point.
- Presentation bonus grant you 3 points (we will add later with penalties who took the bonus)
- Ranking will be made according to points obtained
- In case of equality I will decide the winner
- YOU CAN'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF
- You can also comment other people's reviews regarding your or other one's routes
- YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR VOTE ONCE SUBMITTED

Who can vote?
- Every user that submitted a contest (full points vote)
- Every user in the La Flamme Rouge Staff (Emmea90, Pigna, Sagan99, Matthorse, Nasdon33, Linkinito, Bose12)
- Every user that has registered BEFORE today and has at least 10 tracks in the editor. In this case, his votes counts half of the points scale

Penalties
- Every user that submitted a contest and doesn't submit a valid vote (with 5 choices and motivations) will get a 10 points penalty for all his routes.
- It's FORBBIDDEN to ask for votes. Who will be caught public or privately asking for a vote to some users will get a 50 points penalty in first instance, then the exclusion from all the contests of the year
- Vote penalties for unpracticable routes will be assigned by staff during this phase

Requisites for the +3 bonus
- Providing link of the tour in the post
- Providing viewable image of each stage with a description in the post

Deadline for vote phase is june 17, h 23.59

Routes
Benoit.guillot: post31328.html#p31328 +3 pts presentation
Emilio.torre: maps/tours/view/14788
Mauro: maps/tours/view/14794 +3pts presentation
AjachiChakrabarti: maps/tours/view/14811 +3pts presentation
davandluz: maps/tours/view/14793 +3pts presentation
Jajoejoe: maps/tours/view/14827 +3pts presentation
Kanon16: maps/tours/view/14899 +3pts presentation
Brumdog66; maps/tours/view/14935 +3pts presentation
Diego12Alpe: maps/tours/view/14769 +3pts presentation
Micek_52: maps/tours/view/14830 +3pts presentation
PaStKaz: maps/tours/view/14795 +3pts presentation
Arnorius: maps/tours/view/14920 +3pts presentation
Xander66: maps/tours/view/14808 +3pts presentation
Pincoletto: maps/tours/view/14858 +3pts presentation
taaramae_crack: maps/tours/view/15104 +3pts presentation
jibvalverde: maps/tours/view/15107 +3pts presentation
iamceekae: maps/tours/view/15115 +3pts presentation
paoloagb: maps/tours/view/15119 +3pts presentation
improb: maps/tours/view/14945 +3pts presentation
Jadmeal: maps/tours/view/14782 +3pts presentation
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic
taaramae_crack
Appassionato
Appassionato

Re: Contest #4 - UCI Road World Cup - VOTING

Post by taaramae_crack »

Fifth place - jibvalverde: It's globally a good tour, but, even with variations, you use 3 already used courses in reality (Richmond, Rio and Gotemba), and that what penalises you.

Fourth place - diego12alpe: You have some interesting races and places, but the race is completely unbalanced, without any hard mountain classic, so many riders won't have any chance to show up, and that's part of the goal of this contest.

Third place - Pincoletto: Individually, most of your races are pretty good but, again, your race is unbalanced with very few mountain (same as diego12alpe). But I liked more your courses, and I think they are more varied.

Second place - Kanon16: For me, one of the two best races by far. Well balanced, with opportunities for all the riders and good stages. But, I just simply liked more jajoejoe's proposal, specially in the election of the cities.

First place - jajoejoe: Very good classics in general, and very diverse races, so nothing to add here. The only problem I see is that the last races are the flat ones, so this make the sprinters and some pretty good rouleurs the only ones able to react at the end of the race, so it could become a bit boring.
jajoejoe
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by jajoejoe »

5th Place: AjachiChakrabarti
Great race designs, but I'm not quite sure if all the roads you took are suitable for major cycling races. I do like that most races are outside of europe but it's really unbalanced.

4th Place: Mauro
I kinda like how you focus more outside of Europe, but excluding Europe isn't the right way to go

3rd place: Arnorius
Overall good race designs. I dont like your Petronas GP though, the laps on the Genting Highlands can become pretty dangerous with dropped riders and vehicles behind the riders.

2nd Place: Kanon16
Great race designs but also a bit lazy. In the Etna race you passed the finish line after like a kilometer, which is whitin the rules but doesn't feel right.

1st: Davandluz
Great race designs with the Medellin race being really similar to mine. Only downside is the last race in Liège being too easy. High chances that it will be a mass sprint as the Saint-Nicolas isn't hard enough to drop riders.
Xander66
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by Xander66 »

Deciding my top 5 wasn’t easy. A lot of people made some great and interesting races, but in the context of this particular contest, I wasn’t always satisfied. To pick my top 5 I eventually made a points scale, where everyone started with the same amount of points, and I simply deducted some every time I saw something I didn’t like or when I would’ve made a different decision.
For me there were 2 main issues: multiple classifications (a lot of people did this, I don’t get why?) and sometimes a lack of creativity. You could make races all around the world, so I think it was a little bit sad to see some races just based on existing races (for example using the cobbled climbs in Flanders, circuits from previous World Championships or Olympics...).

These are my votes:

5th: jajoejoe
When it comes to my points scale, you didn’t do too well. You chose some risky locations for your races when it comes to the weather, also your Bradford stage wasn’t very much to my liking. But besides that it was alright. What made you get this 5th place is the way you planned it all out at the end. Combining the end of the World Cup with the CX Worlds could honestly be a great idea, wish I thought of that earlier…

4th: Pincoletto
Main issue: the multiple classifications, for a World Cup over several months this makes things too difficult in my opinion. On the other hand, your races look pretty good, however they might miss some real options for the climbers. I would’ve included at least one more race with real mountains.

3rd: iamceekae
You chose some interesting and for cycling new locations for your races (such as Bratislava and Brasilia), which is a fact that I really enjoyed. However, I don’t think every type of rider will have the same chances to win this World Cup, the puncher-sprinter types would have too big of an advantage I think.

2nd: PaStKaz
First of all (sorry, I have to say this again), I hate the multiple classifications. If I just ignore that, your races are pretty nice. Nice balance, a MTF (but I don’t know if Teheran would be a perfect location for cycling races?), basically enough chances for every rider. Also the fact that you put the average temperatures in your race presentation shows that you actually put some thought and work into this, which is something that deserves appreciation.

1st: Arnorius
In my personal points scale, you were the only one who didn’t lose points to any of my main criteria, so you would definitely be at the top of my votes because of that. But I also really enjoyed your races. You made a well-balanced World Cup with different unpredictable races. This will challenge riders to also go for points in races that don’t necessarily suit them, which could cause some exciting scenarios. Only thing I could still ask for is a MTF.
AjachiChakrabarti
Spettatore

Post by AjachiChakrabarti »

FIFTH PLACE: paoloagb
Just got around to watching the 2016 Olympic road race, and I approve of the unorthodox choice to end at Rio. Loved many of your route choices.

FOURTH PLACE: taaramae_crack
Solid rules, location choices and race designs.

THIRD PLACE: improb
Love your locations, and the variety of race styles.

SECOND PLACE: davandluz
Obviously, we agree on the structure of the World Cup, so this is a little like voting for myself. I thought you did a better job than me on race design, with some great parcours in places, especially the Christchurch race.

FIRST PLACE: kanon16
Great race designs. Seeing your routes made me realise what was wrong with my races, and what is the ideal degree of difficulty.
improb
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by improb »

Honestly, I didn't care much for the rules, it's a race design competition and not a rules making competition :p although the idea of the original contest was interesting, I think the November to February calendar forced many to make races in countries where almost no one cares about cycling and that's a thing I don't like. That's why I decided for the 70% to look at stage designs, for the remainder at location.

5th Place: Davandluz

Brighton and Cape Town races are very meh. Chiang Mai is good but the mountains are far from the finish. Wollogong, Santa Cruz and Medellin very good legs, especially the first two.

4th Place: Pincoletto

All the races are well designed but mountain legs are missing and too many races mirror each other. Basically this really suits puncheurs, excluding other riders from the competition. The Valparaiso leg is my favourite of all though, that city is very lovely and is the perfect setting for a cycling race

3rd Place: iamceekee

Many good legs in design. Avezzano, Las Vegas and Tucuman are a great set of races. It was very close between you and Mauro but Mauro edged out. Two legs with gravel is too much and I find the Melbourn design a complete mess even aside from that. You tried to do too much with that leg and the gravel in the end doesn't even matter that much there, it's just a nuisance.

2nd Place: Mauro

The Perth stage is the one I don't like because of how far the hills are from the finish but even that could play out interestingly in a fight between sprinters and attackers. I love Duitama, Fujairah and Quito races.

1st Place: Pastkaz

Perfect, from first to last. Waterloo is just cherry on top of a wonderful tasting cake.
emmea90

Post by emmea90 »

Voting CLOSED.

Will count all tomorrow.
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic
emmea90