IMPORTANT: due to people using bots to scrape the website data, we have to restrict the access to the races only to people with an account. We hope that for now this will be temporay.

IMPORTANT: Routing and Elevation API are limited to 7000 calls per day. In case they are expired, they won't work until limit is re-charged. You can try in this case to do a GPX on RideWithGPS site and import it on the editor

Please don't spam us mail and PMs that we won't answer and notice that the official language of forum is English.

Comment with us the races in the Telegram Chat

New Contest Season is on: Contest 3

Follow us on Twitter: @laflammerouge16

New Feature: 3d maps - To activate it, follow this guide

[ENG] Regulation

Track a fantasy Tour de France and win a digital copy of Pro Cycling Manager 2017, a PC game by Cyanide

Moderator: Tracking Contests

Pigna

[ENG] Regulation

Post by Pigna »

header_contest.png
Tour de France is upon us and also La Flamme Rouge will nominate the winner of the Grand Boucle 2017.

Rules of participation
Partecipate is very simple, you just draw a fantasy route for Tour de France 2017 with the website track editor.
You don't have to respect any obligation, but your route must tell a theme of your choosing, for examples relive the career of a rider or commemorate an historic event of particular importance for France. It's OK any theme to your liking, you can sabmit a Tour about wines, gothic cathedral, great rivers or Jacques Anquetil. Be creative!
Tell your theme in the description of the race and/or of the individual stages, because it will be integral part of the evaluation.

To partecipate you must submit your route in the track edito as tours and send the link to the andress staff@la-flamme-rouge.eu
Every route must be delivered within 23/07 at 23.59
We will send a return message to all participants, if you don't receive it in a few days, say it in this topic.
Everyone can submit at most 3 different routes., although only one route for each will have access to the final phase of the contest. You can set all the stage as private, we'll take care to public them after the deadline.

Judgement

The winner of the contest will be nominated after two phase of judgement.

During the first phase, a jury will select the best 8 routes, possibly justifying their choice (will depend on the time available and the number of participants... have understanding!). The jury members, who will be notified as soon as possible, will not be able to partecipate.
The jury will evaluate the route on the basis of the spectacularity, the way the chosen theme has been made and the realism of the race. For the last point we refer in particular to UCI regulations. Routes with impractical roads and arrivals without the necessary space will be penalized. The jury will select at most one course per participant.

The 8 selected routes shall go forward for further evaluation. The second phase will consist of a popular vote, in which can vote every user registered at the opening of the contest and all participants, regardless of their registring date . Each voter has to make two votes and will be possible vote for yourelf.
The route that will receive the most votes will be the winner of the contest. In the event of a draw between the first three positions, a tiebreaker will be organized.
The website administrators will closely monitor the proper conduct of the voting operations, possibly giving unequivocal sanctions, such as the exclusion from the contest or the ban from the website.

Route presentation

It's strongly recommend to present your routes in the dedicated section or in the official Facebook group, because the more you show your Tour de France, the more likely you will be voted.
You can do it before and/or after the deadline, reminding that it is allowed to present your routes, not do a compulsive vote-hunting

Prizes

• The first classified will win a digital copy of Pro Cycling Manager 2017.
  • The top three classified will be offered to join the Climb Staff, which allows to submit climbs in the dedicated archive without the Staff approval.
Deadline: 28/07 ore 23.59.
Use this topic for every clarification.

Have fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pesallu
Appassionato
Appassionato

Re: [ENG] Regulation

Post by pesallu »

Hi, I sent an email to that address with the link of my route from my gmail on June 29th and I haven't received a confirmation email yet
Pigna

Post by Pigna »

pesallu wrote: 02/07/2017, 18:13 Hi, I sent an email to that address with the link of my route from my gmail on June 29th and I haven't received a confirmation email yet
We haven't started to send them yet :ris:
pesallu
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by pesallu »

Pigna wrote: 04/07/2017, 21:14
pesallu wrote: 02/07/2017, 18:13 Hi, I sent an email to that address with the link of my route from my gmail on June 29th and I haven't received a confirmation email yet
We haven't started to send them yet :ris:

Fine, thanks for the info! :ahahah:
buiaccaro
Spettatore

Post by buiaccaro »

Exactly, what do you mean for "impractical roads". Can you define "impractical roads" better?
Pigna

Post by Pigna »

buiaccaro wrote: 07/07/2017, 14:04 Exactly, what do you mean for "impractical roads". Can you define "impractical roads" better?
This is impracticable
hms99
Spettatore

Post by hms99 »

I sent you the email on july 15, and i haven't received the reply :(
Belgian4444
Appassionato
Appassionato

Post by Belgian4444 »

I've send my route last week, haven't gotten confirmation.

EDIT: got confirmation
Pigna

Post by Pigna »

The deadline is postponed to Friday 28 July, 23:59
Pigna

Post by Pigna »

LAST DAY TO PARTICIPATE
emmea90
Consulente tattico Continental Tour

Post by emmea90 »

I suggest not to take last moments to track due to Google Direction Service problems during night/early morning
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic
!amCeeKae01
Spettatore

Post by !amCeeKae01 »

I'm curious; are there going to be more contests this year?
emmea90

Post by emmea90 »

!amCeeKae01 wrote: 17/08/2017, 15:30 I'm curious; are there going to be more contests this year?
Not decided yet.
Software Engineer, Cycling Fanatic